Are you a music snob?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cynthy160, Apr 23, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

2. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, I have excellent music taste and I like to bother people with it.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah, although I feel I don't meet all the criteria of that list. Contrary to that list, I actually appreciate when a band I followed from their beginnings makes it big, unless they completely change their style of music.

5. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I have an eclectic taste in music but if I hear a pop or r'n'b song that hits the spot I'll tell anyone that I like it,so I don't think I'm a music snob.If I like the sensibility and feel of the person then I'll probably like their music.Some current pop is just plain awful though,and yes it's probably an illuminati conspiracy to control the minds of our youth lol.That said,I'm a sucker for a good tune and melody and within reason respect other people's taste.Some of the current stuff is just horrid though,but I like to find common ground with people.Some music I am ambivalent over.For example one day I could hear a Rhianna tune and try and put myself in that zone and kind of dig it,and the next day I could hear it again and hate it.

6. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I'm just a snob in general.

7. acuarela

acuarela Member

Only 2, 5 (but I hate festivals too) and 10 (who the hell likes Moloko?).

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It is hard for me to tell from the list as I don't know what most of it is talking about. And what is a Moloko anyway.

I did agree with the Scientific American study, although I thought it was just because I'm getting old.

10. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

I've known a couple of people who were concert music lovers who would get annoyed with me when I would, in their mind, mispronounce the name of a concert music song or writer. It went beyond pronunciation sometimes and they would get annoyed by the inflection in my voice of a particular syllable in the name.

One of these people would say that he had to teach me about concert music, as if I knew nothing. He would also do the 'air baton' thing like a conductor in front of me while he had some concert song playing. I've played in concert music orchestras and jazz bands, which he wasn't aware of. Every time I would start to politely bring up that point, he would deliberately interrupt me and change the subject to something other than music.

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I do that all the time with Deepatch of Moldy.