Are there any snobs in the world of hippies?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Papillon, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Yeah, there are a lot of snobby hippies at my school in Maine. It is a private school, so thats could be part of the reason.

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I ran into this guy in the woods who was collecting bamboo.

He bummed a cigarette off me and I found out he was using the bamboo to make flutes.
    I asked him how much he wanted for one, and he told me he was giving them away.
    I said, "Shit, I'll take one" so he started handing one to me and then pulled it back and asked "Are you vegan"?
    I said" No, I eat fish"
    He said " My flutes aren't for people who eat meat!" Said it all pissy too.

A few days later I saw him on the street and he looked all humble and asked, "hey man, is there anywhere to get free food here"?
    It was like 7:30 at night so even if there were a soup kitchen around it would have been too late. He knew that too.

I took a tuna sandwhich out of my pack and handed it too him. He grabbed it. I said, "Um...there's meat in that you know".
    He said, "I don't care, I'm hungry".

When I went to go he said "thanks for the sandwhich"
    I said, "that's Ok, thanks for the laugh".

3. TheNewt

TheNewt Member

youre 20 and go to school? i dont get it, in UK we leave school at 16.

and dude that tuna sandwich story is a bit weird, the guy was probably a mentalist though.

to be fair tho what you eatin fish for???????

4. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

to be fair, I don't think I understand your question.

5. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I find most all hippies actually to be quite snobbish. They preach acceptance etc, but many if not most of them, discriminate and are leary of those who appear straight laced.

6. forest420

forest420 Senior Member

yea, i ran into some hippy snobs. im a freshman and they are seniors and they used to be friends w/ my sis so i was wearing one of their shirts they left at my house, and one grabbed me and almost started rippiing of my clothes and it wasnt even her shirt, and she was being all mean to me and acting like im a stupid little kid... but she finally said she was sorry. but they are still kind of like, im better than you to me

7. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

college

8. TheNewt

TheNewt Member

whats not to understand? if you dont eat meat you dont eat fish. so why you at fish?

if you dont eat flesh of the land then why flesh of the sea?

9. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

What I mean is I don't understand why you're asking it here.

If I wanted to get into a debate about diet I would have posted in the vegatarian or health forum.

10. TheNewt

TheNewt Member

what? i was just askin man, you know like a conversation??. i was curious thats all cos i dont see a difference, please enlighten me.

you're weird man.

11. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Yeah right.

12. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

Fuck, I thought this thread was a club for snobs in general.

Way to let me down, assholes. :D

13. TheNewt

TheNewt Member

what? what the hell does that mean? why else would i ask?, you are one weird brother.

14. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

15. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

No matter what scene ur into there are always gonna be those people. Ya know what I'm sayin?

16. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

yup

17. forest420

forest420 Senior Member

i totoally agree with you. No matter who you hang out with or what social group your with, there are always going to be snobs and people who think they are better than everyone else.

18. teeny_tiny_little_me

teeny_tiny_little_me Member

back up where I'm from, there's these guys that I used to go to school with who were all kids of rich daddy's, drove the fancy cars and all that crap, and they used to walk around going, "peace man," but ONLY to their kind of people: the rich "elite" of the school. It made me sick. These were the guys who loved to be associated with gangs and shit. I actually felt embarassed for them. In the 7 years that I knew those people, I don't think that they ever once turned their eyes past their own group. And when one of them did, it was just to make other people feel like shit. I don't understand how someone can be such a contradiction to themselves!

19. Ankita

Ankita Member

You know what guys. I'm actually talking to a kid that is a year younger then me and is into rap and has this large criminal record. And he's into all the gangster stuff as far as crimes, drug dealing, and clothing goes. Not really attitude. He's a very reserved kid with a wonderful personality. And you know what? I'm absolutely freakin excited about him. He's so cool. :)

I never really get outside of my crowd of rastafarian white kids and long haired hips but for some reason, I broke the shell last week. :) This is so awesome. I don't feel so snobby right now. Even with rents that --hate-- gangsters, this is alright. I'm never going to be so closeminded again.

I advice others to do the same!

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

?.. were you a very big snob then ?.. Thanks for sharing anyway.