Are there any snobs in the world of hippies?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Papillon, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Papillon

Papillon Member

Are there people within the culture of the hippies that feel like snobs to you?
    People who kind of fart higher than their assholes. That know it all and if you listen to their devine truths you might be saved especially if you buy your food in the same places they do. Sometimes they might have a preachy side that not everybody enjoys. [​IMG]

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm a snob, but not much of a hippie :)

3. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You have to upload that...

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

sounds like you're speaking from personal experience?

5. Papillon

Papillon Member

[​IMG]Yes I have been studying snobism as a path of power and enlightment. From Montreal to Jupiter.

6. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

how's that been working out for you? :p

7. Papillon

Papillon Member

8. there's snobs everywhere.

9. syd

syd Banned

Spend 5 minutes in any one of these forums and you'll find a snob

10. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

loads of snobs - mainly in little cliques in my experience. Some of the worst cases being 'enlightened' hippies, who by definition, think they know better than everyone else..........

11. Vulva Queen

Vulva Queen Member

if they are snobs then the whole equality thing is unexistant right? if they think they're better than everyone else I wouldn't call them a hippie.

12. Love113

Love113 Member

I agree with vulva, i also agree with whoever said that thing about spending 5 minutes in any forum and finding a snob, there are tons in the threads that are very opinionated to one side or the other, these people also might not be trying to be like that, but since talking over the internet requires no facial expressions, or expression in the voice it is hard to tell exactly what someone means sometimes. It happens to me all the time, and some people probably think im a snob because of it.

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I think George (orsino 2) is a snob.. even if he is not , i will just call him a snob anyway.:p

14. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

there are tons of hippie snobs

they usually say things like "what a douchebag, he likes the '79 grateful dead summer tour shows better than '77"

followed by "I'm going to grad school and my dad is buying me a beamer"

15. hippychic

hippychic Member

i think that if ur a snob ur not a hippie

16. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

their are "cliques" here i think lol

17. pagansrule!

pagansrule! Member

I find this conversation pointless, because in reality anyone can interpret your views as "snobbish" it all boils down to simple opinion. I try to value all opinions, regardless of "how' the person might sound when expressing them.

18. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

If there are hippie snobs then really how can they be hippies?Hippies are about being EQUAL with one another.

19. Ankita

Ankita Member

:D I may be judging myself a bit harshly but I think I'm one sometimes. A know it all sort of attitude maybe? Plus I think of myself as snobbish when I see people who aren't very laidback or happy and think I'm better off. I dunno.

Yes there is snobby people everywhere. But sometimes they can be confused with clashing personalities.

20. TheNewt

TheNewt Member

YEAH TOTALLY. you get those total pretentious tosser types everywhere, theyre usually middle class, went to private schools and can afford not to work and just piss about travelling on their daddys money.

to be honest i cant stand those snobby sorts and their plummy accents, they infuriate me.