are thease good

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by guitarzan_1231, May 3, 2007.

1. guitarzan_1231

guitarzan_1231 Member

Are tease magic mushrooms or what. I found them near some pine trees they look phycadelic to me but i am a noob

2. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Its very hard to tell from just a picture.

Where do you live? Whats the temperature there? What growing medium was it found in etc etc.

I would suggest taking a look at the shroomerys list of wild magic mushrooms and do some research into the species typically found in your state. You should have brought along a glass jar and piece of paper when you picked them to take a spore print- its probably too late now- but you're gonna wanna give that a try. The very first step you're gonna want to take is pinch the mushrooms- if it turns blueish purpleish it could be a species of psilocybe- if it doesnt, its probably not a shroom.

If the gill structure, color, bruising patterns, spore print etc of the shroom match one on the Shroomerys list for your state- theres a good chance they could be shrooms.

Do some more research on the subject before you attempt anything. Eating the wrong mushrooms can be deadly- so you're gonna want to make damn sure you know they are shrooms first.

3. Glordag

Glordag Member

Sweet, Rush :)

4. abrad84

abrad84 Member

They are certainly not cubensis or Pan Cyan. Gill colour is wrong. Do not eat them.

5. guitarzan_1231

guitarzan_1231 Member

yeah im not too sure about them most likely not eating them. OH yeah that is the snakes and arrows album, so good

6. guitarzan_1231

guitarzan_1231 Member

oh yeha im not to sure on the temperature today but i live i kitchener ontario, i found them near some pine trees. Also they smell just like the last mushrooms i had

7. abrad84

abrad84 Member

Galerina species grow under pine trees Any of these look familiar. They are Galerina Marginata, if you eat them you can die.

[​IMG]

8. Glordag

Glordag Member

So that slug is toast? :)

9. guitarzan_1231

guitarzan_1231 Member

thank god i threw them out! I really want to find some good ones one day though

10. Glordag

Glordag Member

Do some research and recreational picking (even if not for magic shrooms or edible shrooms). Experience is the best teacher, after all. Pick up one of those travel-sized mushroom guides. There's a particular line of nature identification books that is REALLY good, but I can't remember what they are at the moment. Personally, I find getting out and doing things like that kind of fun, anyways. It's almost like hiking.

EDIT: I would just run through and pick up every mushroom you can find, and then try to identify them all at once. Eventually you would start to learn the differences between them and what to look for.

11. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Are you trying to kil yourself dude? From a picture you cannot tell. You will need to provide the following information: full colour and appearance description, measurements, spore prints, time of year and area you found them... A lot of mushroom species have brown caps and look like magic mushrooms, but it doesn't mean they are. There are even ones that are almost identical to magic mushrooms, but are really poisonous impostors. I highly advise you to be cautious and ask the experts on shroomery.org... Have a nice day :)