Are the Russians responsible again?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Mar 6, 2018.

1. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

It's possible but with Putin in power I don't think it's likely. Russia does whatever it wants and denies whatever accusations. Just look at the whole Syria-Turkey mess.

Alliance of convenience that ended as soon as WWII was over. And it was actually the US that joined the USSR and UK (and a few others) late in the game. Communism may be history, a quasi-totalitarian state is not though.

We'll never see it coming. China's literally the 800-pound gorilla. They're quietly buying Africa (among other things). They're manufacturing for the whole world. They skipped the whole cold war thing and turned to exploiting market forces. In the west corporations control governments, in China the government uses corporations to further global influence and power.

scratcho likes this.
  2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Agreed.

That's why I wish he'd stop pissing off our allies and antagonizing our enemies.

Alienating Germany and France while entering a pissing contest with North Korea accomplishes what exactly?

wilsjane likes this.
  3. Kerri

Kerri Members

The issue is not that Trump wants diplomacy with Russia. The problems are: he's going that route alone, against the sanctions passed overwhelmingly by congress and against existing US foreign policy and against the policy of our allies; he's doing it at the expense of diplomacy with our allies; and there is considerable and reasonable concern about his subversive financial and political ties with Russia that might be motivating his actions.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Trump finally admitted the Russians were behind the poison attack.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that Trump's biggest problems lie within the US.As a business man, he could see how imports were destroying his country and trickling money into China along a one way street. Rather than dedicate his 5 year term to turning the countries economy around, politicians are behaving like petulant children and creating distraction after distraction.
    Clearly, turning 2 decades of financial decay around is not going to make cities like Detroit blossom overnight. The early steps will raise the cost of living long before any benefits are felt. The question is whether the everyday person in the street will swallow the bitter pill and accept that their personal situation is going to get worse for 5 years before it gets better. It is rather like a person living in a decaying house having to choose between accepting their lot, or living on a building site during the renovation.

In my opinions, not meeting North Korea and agreeing a future relationship is total madness. What they need is help in putting their country on the map, rather than fighting a one man war with the rest of the world. With the US leading the way their is hope, God only knows what would happen if the opportunity is missed and Kim John turns to Russia for support.

6. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Even Theresa May said the Russians could have lost the gas. Also, novichok's formula is in the public domain and can be synthesized by any properly equipped lab. Donald Trump said it "appears" the Russians did it.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Russia is a rogue nation. They stole/are stealing a piece of another country, they have poisoned other Russians living abroad, they helped Syria barrel bomb men, women and children ,fire rockets and bomb hospitals and schools, men women and children were/are gassed at different times, they are in our social media stirring up shit with american citizens, they are getting into our elections, they are trying or have accomplished the ability to turn our power grid off, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc. They ARE ATTaCKING OUR COUNTRY!! If we had a REAL president---they would PAY. I'm not sure why our military doesn't put in a phone call and ask them just who the fuck they think they are? Do they think there are no consequences to attacking THIS sovereign nation? Then, short of nuclear war, put the screws to them in any way possible, starting with financially shutting their banking business down from doing business with us or other countries.

Oh, but we can't do that---they might get mad-------yeah? Well fuck ém is what I say. Get some GOD DAMN balls unless we want those sombitches to run this country.

MeAgain and Kerri like this.
  8. scratcho

And how is Putin worth billions and billions of dollars working in their government? He's just as crooked as this bunch we have. Only MORE BALLS.

Kerri likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

More balls or less integrity? It doesn't take more balls to oppress opposition. Just a big fear you don't make it otherwise, and a failing conscience to act upon such a fear. Is someone a great leader for secretly spreading division in other countries in order to attempt to destablize them and make your own country seemingly look more stabile, or just another nunchinpoop resorting to desperate and dubious tactics?
    Does a country's leader have more balls when he and his system discriminates every countrymen that does not fit his perception of what Russia and a russian should be? Or is it more a case of stubborn unwillingness to acknowledge them, a strong urge to keep them oppressed, all out of fear of losing support and a lack of integrity to act upon this? Does not seem a leader with big balls to me. Just another brawler (who has to keep people oppressed in order to maintain power), except he knows how to bring it like its not just a big mouth. The biggest victims are still a big amount of his own citizens.

10. scratcho

Both. More balls AND less integrity. I'd say it takes pretty sizable pelotes to attack us outright as he is doing. He's a KGB thug who, for some reason , just can't/won't attempt to act in a manner that would de-isolate his country. He's also very much like other leaders that rip their countrymen/ women off by making billions for himself. I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to say here.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That he and his cronies are less strong and have less balls (and even less integrity) than now appears. Which is why they're resorting to these tactics.

12. scratcho

Disagree. They love him in Russia. Wonder why he feels that he can do all this now? Taking over part of a country and attacking us blatantly does not show that he feels weak---exactly the opposite. Hmmm---could it have something to do with this administration?

13. morrow

morrow Visitor

I heard something yesterday that made me think this could be our own governments doing.. to show strength to Russia with America...

If it's true I dread to think what's going to happen next!

14. scratcho

Source?