Are the Democrats back on track?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jun 27, 2018.

1. storch

storch banned

Yup. Memory problems. I think I'll just let you go on thinking that you've never debated the Federal Reserve issue with me.

If you want see whether or not you've been immersed in the soap opera, get your forgetful butt over to the thread I just created concerning the pertrodollar, and we'll see what you've been ignorant of all these years, and we'll see what it has to do with recent wars.

2. storch

storch banned

Uh huh. Suddenly I'm not worth your time after I ask you to verify something you said.

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

He may be confusing you with me. I recall vividly debating this issue with him forever and ever and ever--back in 2016, I think, and later more recently.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Meagain has the patience of a saint

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Okie

Found it and it was some time ago, I'll read through what i have and see if it worth going back - here is a bit of a flovour -

Storch - And Balbus, I never said I hate the Fed

Balbus - Oh but that’s how your opposition to it comes across, I mean you seem disturbingly obsessed by it, like some kind of malevolent stalker.

So far from what i've read is mainly the usural Storch bitching.

stormountainman and Okiefreak like this.
  6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The other two trigger topics are God and guns. Mention either of those and he'll go on for at least a month.

7. storch

storch banned

Here is a big bit of the flavor:

ARTICLE 1, SECTION 8 OF THE CONSTITUTION STATES THAT CONGRESS SHALL HAVE THE POWER TO COIN (CREATE) MONEY AND REGULATE THE VALUE THEREOF.

IN 1935 THE SUPREME COURT RULED THAT CONGRESS CANNOT CONSTITUTIONALLY DELEGATE ITS POWER TO ANOTHER GROUP.

The FED began with approximately 300 people or banks that became owners (stockholders purchasing stock at $100 per share--the stock is not publicly traded) in the Federal Reserve Banking System. They make up an international banking cartel of wealth beyond comparison (Reference 1, 14). The FED banking system collects billions of dollars (Reference 8, 17) in interest annually and distributes the profits to its shareholders. The Congress illegally gave the FED the right to print money (through the Treasury) at no interest to the FED. The FED creates money from nothing, and loans it back to us through banks, and charges interest on our currency. The FED also buys Government debt with money printed on a printing press and charges U.S. taxpayers interest. Many Congressmen and Presidents say this is fraud.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Balbus' response was something to the effect of: So?

8. storch

storch banned

Really? You seem to be the one who with the trigger here. Couldn't help yourself, could you. You were shown the amateur approach you take concerning the subject of the god that you've decided is real. You personified a concept/belief like a child. I pointed it out, and now you're stalking me in an expression of sour grapes. Were you hoping to regain lost ground over here? Looks that way to me.

And aren't you the guy who was fixated on the dangers of pistol grips, and how they turn an ordinary semiautomatic rifle into something sinister? And now you've decided to regain that lost ground over here, too. Ain't workin' . . .

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

And once again you misrepresent the issues and are off and running. I won't bite. Have a nice day.

stormountainman likes this.
  10. storch

storch banned

Oh I'm sorry, I mistook this: "The other two trigger topics are God and guns. Mention either of those and he'll go on for at least a month" as your not-so-clever way of trying to say that you weren't fixated on harmless pistol grip and flash-suppressors, even though flash suppressors have never been an issue in homicides or mass shootings. But we both know that that was your baseless position.

If you want, I can bring the pertinent content from your post over there. But I don't think you'd care for that.

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

OK having read some of my interaction with Storch over the Fed I can see why I forgot it – it was sooooooo boring

Here is one of my posts after yet another one of Storch’s obsessive and belligerent rants

As I say you just whine and whinge away but you don’t seem to have a coherent idea of what to do.

Yes, yes I think we’ve all got the fact you don’t like the Fed, but any rational human being who disliked something like that would have put together some rational, thought through, coherent and comprehensive ideas of what to do about it.

NOT YOU instead you fill post after post with your endless, monotonous bleating, droning on and on about how you hate the Fed and the reasons why you hate the Fed and…on…and…on….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I think I'll give a rerun a miss

Okiefreak and stormountainman like this.
  12. storch

storch banned

Once again, folks, here is Balbus complaining about the subject, but having no comment on the criticism of the Fed that I just provided.

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

EXHIBIT A

IN 1935 THE SUPREME COURT RULED THAT CONGRESS CANNOT CONSTITUTIONALLY DELEGATE ITS POWER TO ANOTHER GROUP.

Once again, Storch presents misleading information as though it supports his case. Note the date: 1935. This was one of the three decisions, none dealing with the Federal Reserve System, that led to FDR's court packing attempt and the celebrated "switch in time that saved nine" on the Supreme Court, where the Justices reconsidered the matter of delegation. The Court subsequently let sweeping delegation of powers by so long as there were meaningful standards to constrain the exercise of the power. And as time went by, the standards getting by the courts were increasingly vague and meaningless: "in the public interest, convenience and necessity", "reasonably necessary and appropriate", etc. The rule of the Schecter Poultry case that Storch refers to is as outdated as the Turkey Trot. https://chicagounbound.uchicago.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5141&context=uclrev The Federal Reserve Act sets forth the purposes of the delegation and standards of reasonableness that satisfy court requirements. Administrative law expert Kenneth Culp Davis, argues that it's really procedural safeguards that matter, and that the Administrative Procedures Act of 1946 supplied such standards. All decisions of the Federal Reserve are reviewable by the courts under the "arbitrary and capricious" standard and the other provisions of the APA. Storch should know that, since I explained it to him several times on previous occasions.But it doesn't seem to sink in. Nothing does.

14. storch

storch banned

And here is someone who is hoping that no one will make the association between it being unconstitutional for Congress to delegate its power to another group, and Congress delegating its power to coin money and regulate its value to another group. We seem to have another fan of people paying interest on money that should have been created by Congress interest-free.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

McCulloch v. Maryland,17 U.S. (4 Wheat.) 316 (1819); Whitman v. American Trucking Association. 531 U.S. 457 (2001) ;The Nature and Scope of Permissible Delegations I rest my case.

16. storch

storch banned

Actually I rested my case, but you don't care to acknowledge that. No one else had trouble understanding what I just said.

17. storch

storch banned

Really? Provide the pertinent segment from your link that explains why Congress has the constitutional right to delegate its duty to coin money to those who would create it and then charge interest on money that should be ours. How is that constitutional?

In other words, show me what you've found that allows for Congress to turn its duty to coin money over to someone else who will not only create our money, but will then lend our own money back to us, and also charge us interest on our money.

By the mid 1700’s England was in a lot of debt and looked to the colonies for
    revenue. Because the colonies were prospering so nicely during this period,
    Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) was called before the British Parliament
    during one of his visits to London in 1757 and asked how he could account
    for the new found prosperity in the colonies.
    Franklin replied:

"That is simple. In the colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial
    Scrip. We issue it in proper proportion to the demands of trade and
    industry to make the products pass easily from the producers to the
    consumers. In this manner, creating for ourselves our own paper money, we
    control its purchasing power, and we have no interest to pay to any one."

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Read the cases and article for yourself. I'm redoing my sock drawer. Maybe someone else will take you on.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think we all understood it. It's just wrong.

Asmodean likes this.
  20. storch

storch banned

Yeah, if I couldn't find what I was asked to find after having said it was there to make my case, that's what I'd say, too. :)