Are the Democrats back on track?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jun 27, 2018.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

He did say Mexico would pay for it

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This wall stuff is crazy. He must think drugs can't be propelled across a fence!! Fly in! Come by sea! Meanwhile , bridges have fallen and more will. Roads are falling into disrepair. But on the other hand, the good news is that the rich got their tax breaks and unions are virtually gone. So--there's that.
    I forgot--it's mainly to keep brown folks out , legal and otherwise.

stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  3. Of course it's a white elephant. Drugs are an archaic claim, and yet, a classic. However, it does serve as a filter. Casual crossing will require more investment. Beginners will be discouraged, so there's some chance the deaths of wayward independent border crossers might be reduced.

Some are dying within a mile of water. Border trash might also be reduced a bit. Arizona has an interactive map of cleanup sites with the weight of the debris.

4. stormountainman

You know that's why the base voted for him. They love a target to hate. In 1990 is was Saddam and the Iraqis, and Noriega in Panama. During Reagan's years it was Daniel Ortega in Nicaragua. Before that it was the Vietnamese, Nepalese, Italians, and Irishmen. They wanted the Chinamen to go home after the Union Pacific Rail Road was completed. Now it's the Mexicans, Hondurans, and Salvadorans. They don't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out from; and, Trump's base wants them out.

scratcho likes this.
  5. stormountainman

I never knew Arizona had an interactive map???

6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Saddam and the Iraqis

Sounds like a good band name.

7. stormountainman

McFuddy, I heard they have had a rough time staying in key when their band first formed!

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

They seem to be back on track:

Media turns blind eye to Dems' jaunt to PR during shutdown

I wonder why they didn't fly commercial?

And I wonder why CNN isn't covering this debacle?

I listened to this pitch 3 months ago. There will be more to come on this effort to rehab PR. It's been in the works awhile. They are now having to play catch up since they carry the house now.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The roadie operating the smoke machine would be called Ali Chemicali

McFuddy and stormountainman like this.
  11. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Abolishing ICE, By Funding It? - It's Going Down

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez made quite a stir in her surprise victory in New York’s 14th Congressional district last year. Most notable was her radical-sounding declaration that she wanted to “Abolish ICE,” the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency responsible for rounding up and deporting undocumented immigrants.

Back in July, I wrote somewhat skeptically about this slogan emanating from Ocasio-Cortez, and taken up by many other Democrats. Now, we can begin to judge exactly what the slogan would mean in practice.

It turns out, she along with the entire Democratic Party caucus in the House of Representatives voted to fund ICE on their very first day in office."

12. stormountainman

When I lived in northern Colorado there was a ban which played in area bars often. Their name was Big Head Tod and the Monsters. Surely we can come up with something for Trump, maybe Fat Head Turmp and the Tards?

13. B
    But that's the nature of politics these days. Say ANYTHING to get elected, then flip on selected issues once in office. Both parties do this.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Are you sure about that?

Ocasio-Cortez votes against bill to reopen government over ICE funding

15. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Yes! That is absolutely what politics is.

I guess she learned a little after the outcry. Hopefully she actually sticks with it this time.

16. fjdreams

fjdreams count chocula

AOC is not the hero we want but the abrasive, fingernails-on-the-chalkboard hero we need.

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

There is no "left" wing in this country only a center and FAR right party both in the pocket of a 1% elite. This is why there is so much fuss over AOC. She is popular with the people and she threatens to undermine a corupt and greedy economic system. A system that they built for themselves.

I would not be surprised to see her dead or with a serious scandal soon. Will she have committed this scandal? Good chance she did not. They have already tried to leak nude photos of her which were not really her. I guess to reduce a powerful women to a sexual object. That is usualy how the right wing deals with powerful women. She is either too pretty to understand how the real world works or so ugly she is not worth listening to.

I see them going with the young pretty angle with her now. Even though she has a degree in economics she does not understand an economy. Yeah right.

18. Asmodean

Sounds like it is time for another party to give it a try then.

WritersPanic likes this.
  19. Asmodean

[​IMG]

McFuddy likes this.
  20. If only. But the current system does an amazing job of keeping that from happening. Actually Trump is the closest to a third party in that he was basically a democrat, until he wanted to run for office. Then he selected the easiest party to infiltrate.