Are Hippie Girls more or less High Maintenence ?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Piney, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Anyone have any thoughts ? ;)

High Maitainence could be emotional, or financial. or somthin else?

Are Hippies less materaistic, Do they require more attention ?

[​IMG]

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Most hippies are now in nursing homes and such... so I think that they do require lots of attention.

3. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Best relationship, affair, whatever, I ever had: I'm sitting outside a coffee shop in Santa Cruz one night. About a block away this entirely gourgeous, barefoot, hair to her knees, peasnat dress wearing vision comes walking towrds me, never breaks eye contact once, sits down next to me to show me the jewelry she's selling, tells me she's heading up to the mountains:
    "How are you going to get there" I ask.
    "We can just hitchike" She says with a big smile.

We wound up sleeping in the woods.
    The rest of the summer we kept running in to each other every cpl weeks or so. we'd spend about 3 days and nights--mostly camping out-- together then go our seperate ways for another cpl weeks.

This went on for like 3-4 months. We never exchanged phone #s (don't think she had one), never set a date for the next time--just left it up to fate.

Zero maintanence, uncalculable fun.

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

hippy girls are way less maintainance & the best relationships i've ever had..far more generouse & easy going, not selfish or needy..
    just sometimes they can be allittle flakey

5. soaringeagle

your a moron
    hippies are everywhere & the hippy movement is growing..
    go outside once in awhile & maybe you'll see the real world

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I am a moron for witnessing a sad stereotype? Talk to me when that little thing called intelligence hits you.

7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You have 5,837 posts on a site specializing in what ??????????

8. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

no offense, but you are 48 asking the same questions as an ignorant 12 year old girl. brave sir rubin knows what he's talking about, most of the time, even if we happen to disagree

9. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

I had two quasi-hippie girlfriends and they were both bipolar and made me want to rip my hair out. Oh, and my friend Monique is bi-polar too. But I don't think that means all hippie girls are as eccentric, I just attract people like that.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Discussion.

11. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

you're a moron. not your a moron.
    once in a while, not once in awhile

don't make fun of people's intelligence if they can easily do the same to you

12. TundraLotus

TundraLotus Member

just cause drama sucks
    ill jump in and say, who cares knit picking words. people's intelligence means almost squat, so who cares about it. intelligence alone is as great as having lots of muscles--sure it may be impressive but what it means is very little. u can throw peanuts at that.

its WHAT ppl are saying that is important, at least online.

on that note, I have never had a 'hippie' girlfriend but would very much like to be with someone of this disposition because i really dont find too much of a personal niche in any other groups, but 'hippie' folks is so broad and while stereotypical prone, defies being pigeonholed, and any of the true stereotypes are only the things that matter and that i like in people.

i will say based on no experience: id like to be with one, it would be a good experience. :p

13. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

So HA!

14. soaringeagle

ok, i've been with hippies & non hippies, the non hippies i'm still in debt from..1 spent $200 a week, of my $ on a severe makeup habit.. & spent 3 hours in front of the mirror before shed step foot out the door
    on the other hand the hippy g/f's wouldnt even bother getting dressed to go get the mail, & never spent any of my $, or stole from me or used me..or demanded i change anything about myself to fit theyre ideals..

15. FeelinGroovy

FeelinGroovy opposable thumb

I wish I knew more "hippy girls". My female hippy friends as a whole are less materialistic and lower maintenence in general. However I find that they are lust like anyone else as far as emotional maintenance goes.

I've had some of the best times with my hippy girlfriends just because they are so easygoing and not overly dramatic when things don't go exactly as planned. It doesn't take much for them to have a good time which is similar for me. We have had some of the best times just sitting on a back porch or taking dogs for a swim in the nearby stream.

Unlike girls who fit into other stereotypes, I find the hippy ones don't need fancy bars, dance clubs, cars, jewelry, hotels, etc to be satisfied and have a good time.

16. hippycarly

hippycarly Member

As a hippy girlfriend in the past, I think I was easier to get along with than the prissy, high-maintanence gals (or at least that is what the boys always said). Dates usually consisted of riding around, camping, just hanging around together. I wasn't into the boyfriend/girlfriend drama.
    Carly

17. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

All I really need is love, compassion, acceptance, tolerance and support... That isn't asking too much, is it?

18. Tessa

Tessa Member

LOL..that cracked me up.."I just attract people like that."

19. Tessa

Tessa Member

But anyway..I guess I don't really dress much like a hippie or anything, I'm tryin to lower my "high maintenence." But there are some girls at school who are completely cool, don't get me wrong but I look at them and think, "Why the hell did you spend all that time straighting your hair, putting the 5 pounds of makeup on..etc just to come to school?" I mean, who is there REALLY, to impress?

20. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i think it would totally depend on the individual. i've known some extremely high maintenance hippy grrls, and some pretty easy going non-hippies.