Are heroin overdoses really painful?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TrumpCards, Apr 12, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I’ve never tried heroin nor do I ever intend to. I’ve heard ODing on heroin is very painful. But I thought that heroin calms you down and relaxes you. Why would a drug that calms you down be painful to OD on? Also, does this apply to opiat based pain killers that are getting really popular these days?

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

My friend Ryan died of a heroin overdose. RIP. Also someone who I wasn't really friends with, Josh, died of a heroin overdose a little more recently. RIP.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

bug spray kills junkies dead..

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No just the opposite but it slows your breathing, so when you overdose your body basically has forgotten how to breathe.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

So they are not painful when you are dead.

Problem solved. LOL.

6. hotwater

I think the OP was more interested in whether there was any pain in getting there

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

LOL, My light hearted reply was intended to warn him of the real dangers of overdosing in the first place.

Having worked for London ambulance service for a few years, the harsh realities of overdosing on any drugs (including prescribed ones) ruins peoples lives, as well as their health.
    Like alcohol, their comes a point where it ceases to be a social pleasure and turns people into into addicts, who often loose everything, including their lives.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I couldn't imagine them being nice. Foaming at the mouth can't breath. Be an immense panic situation and you can't even move.

Yeah fuck that.

I OD on weed I just stumbled to bed and sleep for 6hrs.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

they're pretty painful for everyone close to you.

i think for the user, you just kind of pass out and don't wake up. but i haven't done it so i could be wrong.

10. hotwater

That’s what happens when you OD on Heroin, but there are plenty of other drugs out there that can cause excruciating pain
    (and not just to your loved ones) if you OD

11. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Hmmm.... so heroin ODs make it hard to breathe? How long does it take to actually die? I once tried to commit suicide by drowning in the San Diego River, and I was literally screaming under water. If I ever do try to commit suicide again, I will be patient and look for something not as painful as that.

12. hotwater

Let me quote what Major Sorrel told General Longstreet at the Battle of Gettysburg

“No good trying to kill yourself General, The Lord will come for you in his own good time”

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sounds like a potential darwin award to me.

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

You're not supposed to shove it up your arse

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  15. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Yes, but the Lord can be a real fucking asshole the vast majority of the time. This should be obvious, but I’m a very pessimistic nihilist. That’s why my favorite book of the Bible is Ecclesiastes.