Are French women crazy?

Discussion in 'France' started by AhmedAjax, Feb 8, 2008.

1. AhmedAjax

AhmedAjax Member

Yes, but that is a very good thing. I am looking for some insight from some of the French members of this board.

Lets cut to the chase, this is my question, below it is just some backstory and a long winded, rambling question that I didn't have the heart to delete.

Very confusing post, I know. What are your opinions of French girls, beyond the appearance I mean, deep down? You see I am starting to get involved with a girl I met in France, but some pals of mine have told me to be a bit....wary, of the French, without any explanation of why. So if I could email someone very familiar with France(namely a french girl), that would help me relationships woes a great deal.

During my trip I thought they were amazing, much stronger and more independent than a lot of other women I have been around. The self-confidence they had really worked wonders, I found I was drooling over all of them, and the accents don't hurt either.

French women, I found, were very intimate ,very easy to talk to, but also very passionate. I got "involved" with many of them, but there was one that I actually got involved with seriously, or at least it was starting to look like it. I wasn't in France for too long, but I managed my time very well and was constantly out meeting new people, so I think I got a good range of the women of Paris.

Now here is my question: Sex didn't seem like a big issue, do French women prefer sex over relationships? And what of long term relationships? I have had some of them tell me that it isn't that easy for a french girl to fall for a guy, yet I found the opposite to be true when it came to sex, is it just culture differences. In America, 80% of the time sex means the girl wants a relationship, sex and "falling head over heels" are almost one in the same(for girls anyway), but in France, I got the impression that sex was just passion and nothing more. No games, just passion.

I have heard they are complicated, I get a sense of that: On one hand they are very strong(much stronger than the men), but on the other hand one nice word and you have them blushing and giggling, especially after the initial cold shoulder I seemed to get from every girls.

I got the impression that the women needed nothing more than attention and some conversation to start batting their eyelashes. Honestly, no games, no nothing, just hello and some conversation. I think it may be the culture. They are very home-oriented, very much like in Egypt or other Arab cultures, dinner with mom and dad, very strong family bonds, very proper. So maybe some random guy chatting them up did something? Stupid? Maybe. But I got that impression.

2. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Well when I always think of fit French birds , I always think of that film when the girl stabs her eye out with some scissors.

Plus if they catch u boning their best friend , the law lets them kill you as a "crime of passion" which lets them off the hook , to a large extent , I think.
    French women Id say are very "unique" - not like British , or German , or Scandin.
    Not like Dutch or E European.Maybe some aspects like Mediterranean , but I couldnt really describe them.

3. lecolo

lecolo Member

Hi!
    You have problems with women, not "french women"!
    Chaque femme est unique (not only french ones), un être à part entière. C'est comme si j'avais des apprioris sur les américains, parceque j'aurais vu JR dans Dallas!
    C'est quoi ce propos machiste, sur un forum hippy de surcroît!

Good luck!

4. amourcathy

amourcathy Member

I live in France as a foreigner here , i dont know if French women are so " different" with American women. But i dont think they all just consider " sex" just a game or passion .

I can see people are very passion of living , they like wine and cheese, bread, gardening....etc..

They just knowing more about enjoy life .

But what i feel is most young woman may not very friendly at the begining , but when you have time or chance to know them more. You will found out , they are just woman in this earth. :)

5. Syd222

Syd222 Member

There are some cultural differences, but I don't think you can ask something about "french girls" it is too vague.

PS : maybe the fact that you were to leave the country soon helped with how fast thing were happening with those girls btw