Are Elevators Awkward?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AceK, Jul 3, 2013.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Especially when ur high as fuck, and several people get on and some want to go all the way down and some want to go all the way to the top floor. The people that want to go down usually have something to do and get annoyed when they end up having to go all the way to the top floor and the elevator is busy and has to stop at several floor on the way up and down.

It sucks when ur that person...one time this chick started to get into the elevator and pressed the button for the seventh floor before I could press the button for the first floor, then decided she really didn't wanna go there and got out so I had to ride the whole way up and back down.

Next time it was her turn on the elevator I kindly pressed every single button on the elevator for her hehe.

Ever play that old NES game "Elevator Action"? It's kinda like that.

2. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I find that escalators and treadmills are more awkward than elevators.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

How do you have to travel up to go down? You push the down button and wait for the lift going down to show up. o_O

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Yes escalators are annoying when people don't know proper ettiquette pass one the left stand on the right if it's not a narrow ass escalator in which case it is what it is.

When several people are getting on the elevator at once it is possible they don't all want to go to the same floor...some want to leave the building so must go to the first floor. If someone gets on and hits a higher floor first the elevator is gonna go up before it goes down, and there's no way to override that its just how elevators work...the elevator in my apartment building will go up first if you press a higher floor than the one ur currently on even if you pressed the "down" call button to call it. It's possible that two people can press down and up at the same time to call the elevator, the elevator will eventually arrive, and the first button pressed will determine where it goes first, and it will go to the floor that were pressed in order...it cannot go from the 3rd floor to the 1st floor if you pressed the button for the 7th floor first...it will have to go to the seventh first then back down, possibly stopping at any other floors called.