Are bandanas that easy?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by brownxfoot, Jul 1, 2006.

1. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

I love my gernier fructis bandana my mother got free with her shampoo but its starting to come unthreaded.

I was sondering if i just got a peice of clother the right size and sowed the edges is to make a seam would that work.

it seems deceptivly easy

2. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

Oh So Sweet

3. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

you can get a special foot for your sewing machine to make a rolled hem. But practice on scrap fabric first, it's a little tricky.

4. Tipo Sensuale

Tipo Sensuale Senior Member

Maybe its a different sort of bandana or whatever but you should be able to pick up one at any headshop for under 2 bucks.

5. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

I found some new ones at the dollar store and in craft sections of department stores for about a buck, that is if yours is really different or something.

6. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

you could even cut a square out of a white piece of fabric and tie-dye it, but if your really attached to the one you have now and you don't want to hem it, they sell no-fray stuff (the name escapes me) at places like Jo-Ann Fabrics. (it comes in a little plastic bottle)

7. defboatz14

defboatz14 Member

If you don't want to let go of the one you have you could always put finger nail polish on the ends... lol... just an idea...

8. lola78

lola78 Member

You can buy this stuff called fray check at the sewing or cradt store, the seals the little threads. It;s washable, but does wear away eventually.