Arcade game rooms

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dude111, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Hello dues how are ya??

I mi$$ arcades like crazy...... I used to goto my mall and play Frogger,Ms. pacman,Galaga,etc....... Ahhhhh it was fun!!!!!

Now all there is IS PURE CRAP in malls..... This joke called "WOW ENTERTAINMENT" -- Nothing but garbage in there!! (Nothing I wanna play)

What happend to good games like we had in the early 80s???? -- I dont mean these newer cabinets with multiple games,its just crap (Doesnt sound as good,etc)... I PREFER THE ORIGINAL EARLY 80s ARCADE GAMES!!!!!!!!!

I have read of an arcade place in NH that supposedly has original games........ I WOULD LOVE GOING TO IT!!!

Eric! likes this.
  2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The appeal of the arcade was better graphics than you could get at home. Home systems are so good now what is the point? Arcade games are not even fair. They are designed to be impossible so you keep spending money. I don't think it's very interesting to current gamers. There is a bar with retro games in my city but I think they set them free play as long as you keep buying beer.

Eric! likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think I've ever played an arcade game where I was blown away in comparison to anything I can buy on PC and console. Bad graphics, bad sound bad controls and I gotta get off my ass and go to an arcade? Probably got a lot to do with it.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, these are showing up in most major cities these days. i went to one last time i was in columbus and it is exactly like you described; all games were free but you were only allowed to play them if you had a drink. the game selection was great, basically every game i ever played at an arcade as a kid. everything OP listed, along with some of my old favorites like the simpsons and xmen arcade games, joust, burger time, and basically everything else that was popular in arcades from the time arcades were a thing up through the mid 90s. they even had skeeball. i'm not sure if there were pinball machines, that's the only thing i can think of that may have been missing.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i like coin pushers

there is none locally though

6. Dude111

Ya I guess thats 1 way to look at it....... (Coin pushers)

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

not sure you understand what a coin pusher is

[​IMG]

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

image.jpeg

Dude111 likes this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The arcade near me is similar to described above. They have pinball and you can drink beer but I think there is a time limit you can stay....not sure my sister took me there for my birthday so i didnt pay and I was drunk before we got there so I don' remember the details but I want to go back. I just forget about it when I'm in the area.

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

those still are the good games. LOL
    Just messing. They used to have an arcade at College of the Canyons which is in Santa Clarita area in California. There were some crowded times in that place. They had modern games circa 2008 when I went there. I think it was 2008... hmm

11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Are you talking about the one in Hampton Beach?? Small world. I used to surf there as a kid in the mornings and if the waves weren't good or I got too cold, I'd spend the rest of the day at the arcade just to kill time.

Couldn't play games worth a damn and was never into it, but it was a fun way to waste time...and quarters.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

seems like only yesterday every student union had one. also large train and bus stations, airports, and of course, shopping malls.
    then came the first personal computers, that could do little else, and the graphics weren't even as good, but you could play them as long as you wanted,
    and they didn't steal your quarters.

malls, nothing but over priced women's clothing stores because nothing else can afford the rent for a space in them. well the do usually have a food court, that isn't too overpriced, and at least one of the anchor stores is something like a sears, that actually sells something useful, tools, appliances, that sort of thing. and one or two rp, video, or board gamer/toy stores. but seldom very good or useful toy stores, even overpriced brookstone gave up trying to make a profit after rent in our local big mall where i live. (and the also, the malls anymore, seem to built and owned by the mob)

most of them did NOT serve alky, in order so that they could be all ages, which was always who most of the players were, so they sort of had to be.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  13. Dude111

Hmmm isnt it arcade games?? -- They keep ya reeled in!!

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The metal club I play pool for has a lot of pinball machines. Every now and again there's a free ball. I kind of suck at it and those traps where the ball rolls down the side and you can hit it, that's fucken bullshit. Cheating assholes, you don't even stand a chance. Rip off. :p

15. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

How weird
    What are the chances

Just got done talking to one of my good friends about this very topic. The neighborhood bowling alley had one of the best arcades.

Then came along the best of the best Addadin's Castle arcade. Always had the sweetest deal 100 tokens for 20 bucks.

I'm going to venture out and visit this arcade everyone's been talking about at work. I'll report back my findings this weekend

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I want to get the Daytona USA machine in my garage but they are pricey.

17. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

10k US dollars ?

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

on ebay i have seen them for 2500+ EUD

19. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

The only only downside I see to owning Daytona USA machine, Steel Talons, 720, Sinistar, Ikari Warriors, Spy Hunter, Dragon's Lair , Gladiator, Cyberball, Smash TV, After Burner, Double Dragon, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, or any others ....... is having to get them serviced for maintenance or replacement parts and installation/labor availability and locations.

Irminsul likes this.
  20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The major appeal is NOSTALGIA. If you weren't an 80's kid then you probably won't get it.