Apple Pancakes (gluten free)

Discussion in 'Food Allergies' started by Olympic-Bullshitter, May 24, 2008.

1. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Dry Ingredients: 1/2 c quinoi flour, 1/2 c white rice flour, 1/3 cup buckwheat flour, 1/4 c potato starch, 1/4 c sugar, 2 Tbsp tapioca starch, 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp soy lecithin powder, 1 tsp backing powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2tsp salt, 3/4 tsp xanthan gum. Wet Ingredients: 1 c rice milk, 1/3 c safflower oil, 1/3 c water (room temperature or slightly warm), 2 Tbsp maple syrup (or for an interesting flavor, agave syrup!), 2 Tbsp apple juice, 1 tsp vanilla extract. Extra Ingredients: 1 cup chopped apples, Canola (or other) oil for cooking. Mix dry ingredients with a fork, then sift (optional) 1 time. Pour wet ingredients gradually into dry, and stir with fork until almost mixed.(push clumps against side of bowl with back of fork to break up large clumps if needed). Heat skillet on medium/low. Add apples, and stir until just mixed, stirring as little as possible. Add oil to skillet. When the oil is hot enough so that a drop of batter dropped in it starts to sizzle or cook right away, pour in a small amount of pancake batter.Tilt pan if needed to spread the pancake batter to an even thickness.Cover the pan loosely until the edges ( outer 1/2 inch or so) of the pancakes are cooked and the batter in the middle is bubbling. Then flip with a firm spatula, and cook uncovered until new bottom is lightly browned.

2. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

This sounds good - I love pancakes! I've recently gone GF and am looking for ways to still enjoy the food I like without feeling like garbage afterward. Just a question: approximately how many pancakes does this recipe make?

3. BeachBall

BeachBall Nosey old moo

Oooh - I like the sound of them.

Will have to give them a try some time.