Aphrodisiacs

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Bilby, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Are we allowed to discuss aphrodisiacs here? I know what works for me but I would like to compare notes.

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

go for it!

most aphrodesiacs are foods that look like genitals, arent they?

3. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

chocolate is good to feed to girls while they are driving you off on holiday - guarantees a car-stop somwhere on route,if your'e lucky

4. Bilby

In Melbourne there was a restaurant called Rude Food that presented food to lppk like genitals, boobs, bums etc. Aphrodisiacs I always thought are what makes a man perform in bed, although checking the dictionary it states what causes sexual arousal.

Traditionally, doctors often suggested that a man eat some fish if he was having problems of impotence. In my experience it is oily fish that does the job rather than white fish. The science is that the long chain essential fatty acids (EFA's) cause the blood to thin down. However it is no use just eating oily fish and expect to perform all the time.

The other aspect is the muscle that lets the blood into the penis. In a flacid state, a certain muscle ( I cannot remember the name of which) is constricted; when it relaxes blood is let in and an erection results. The key nutrient here is zinc. For many years there was a unproven belief that oysters were an aphrodisiac. It turned out to be true because oysters are a source of zinc. Other sources of zinc are apples and beef.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my understanding has always been vitamin e bein the holy aphrodesiac grail for both genders. and avacadoes bein a good source of it. which don't look too much like anybody's reproductive plumbing of any gender but i suppose they do have a sort of seductive shape to em if you look at it that way.

as for arrousal itself, a good immagination or to barrow some one else's in the form of erotic stories, does more then anything you put in your gut

=^^=
    .../\...

6. Bilby

So Vitamin E tablets give you a hard on?