Anyone want to start a cult?

Discussion in 'Cults' started by IllusoryFreedom, Oct 18, 2009.

1. IllusoryFreedom

IllusoryFreedom Member

Anyone want to start a cult? I'm thinking something about aliens, maybe based loosely on Scientology. It seems to work for them!

I wrote out some simple steps on how to start a cult: How to Start a Cult

2. aviavi

aviavi Guest

Why would you like to start a cult?
    It's basically deceiving people. A cult means that you are brainwashing people and using them for your own objectives. It has nothing to do with helping others although it might look like that on the outside. A cult is just plain lie. Nothing to do wiht the truth. Maybe it has some ideas that are truthful in order to catch people but, at the end the whole thing is a big manipulation. Look at Scientology, Moonies, etc.

3. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

yeah, cults are weak, and for weak people who are too lazy or stupid to think for themselves.

fail.

4. IntellectualCurious

IntellectualCurious Member

its social engineering. people are dumb enough to fall for lies.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

why bother starting a new one...mine has a few positions open

anyone can join for the low low price of $50,000 Canadian...cash only please

act now..the price is going up in the next few days :)

6. 90 paces west

90 paces west Member

I'm not a virgin.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if i had never heard of either Baha'u'llah, nor Taoism, (yes i know, COMPLETELY unrelated things, other then both being beliefs), i would probably by now, at some point in my life, very like have started some kind of cult, or tried to or wanted to.

and i will always have the doubt to wonder, if maybe, just maybe, this world would have been some tiny bit better off, in some unimaginable way, if i had.

but i know i wasn't born to be what either baha'u'llah, or lao tzu were, and i doubt i'd have the balls to face the pain every revealer of what later became an organized belief, willing suffered, in order to do so.

8. shaamangirl

shaamangirl Guest

I will most certainly start a Ninja/Viking/Ganja/Wizard cult :D

9. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

i,m starting the MmM cult in the deep woods of appalian mountians. it stands for marijuna, meth, n moonshine. we will makes these in the woods live there n do nothing but get buzzed make more drugs n fuck until we have an hillbilly redneck army, big enough to take over the obama goverment, n then the whole world ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha

10. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

See the thing is we keep trying to claim that left to their own devices, people are basically good.

Humans are basically destructive as long as immediate gratification is available. If there is no control to prevent it, children will kill other children for food. Some children are more highly evolved, but mostly not.

We need a few good cults so the sheep don't stampede.