Anyone tried yopo seeds?

Discussion in 'DMT' started by ergotoxine, Jan 20, 2007.

1. ergotoxine

ergotoxine Member

My local store sells yopo seeds- apparantly you crush and sniff them.

Has anyone tried it?
    Is it worth it?- not the price- they're pretty cheap- I mean is it worth it cos snorting crushed black seeds doesn't really sound pleasant.

Are the effects anything like a mimosa dmt trip?

2. INSANEPOOKIE

INSANEPOOKIE Prancing Dragon

I'm not a fan of snuff or sniffing anything so this may be one adventure I'll lack an experience with. Let us know how it goes :)

3. ergotoxine

ergotoxine Member

I don't think I'll actually put my self through it experience of snorting seeds unless someone can let me know if it's worth it.

4. oildream

oildream Member

You will find out plenty of information about it at:
    www.erowid.org/www.lycaeum.org
    Apparently The YOPO's seeds must be roasted first!.
    Are you trying to get a DMT high from the YOPO's seeds?

5. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

yes, i got some from bouncing bear botanicals. 3 seeds gives me a slight trip... i'm suspect to think it's placebo effect. i feel body tingles all over but i dont trip too hard. when i do 5 or 6 i have visuals and trip at an intensity comparable to 2-3 hits of strong acid. it hurts too much and shit fucks up in my nose when i've tried more. it hurts a lot.

EDIT: I shoudl also note that they have both a. peregrina and a. colubrina; I have the colubrina's

6. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

i'd def be rackin some lines of yopo if it was good quality seeds

7. ergotoxine

ergotoxine Member

TokeTrip--
    How long did the effects last for?

8. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

strong, plateaue effects for about 45 minutes, declining from start to beginning slightly, then resolving about 1 15 minutes later. some afterglow, and very often a clogged nose.

9. uplink

uplink Member

You can smoke the crushed seeds as well.

10. ergotoxine

ergotoxine Member

Really?
    will smoking the seeds give you as good effect as snorting.
    Can buy them from a store with salvia,cactus,etc..
    Comes in a packet for 1 dose, so I assume they're already roasted.

11. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

I hear smoking 1-3 Yopo seeds can give an experience similar to smoking pure DMT. I've wanted to experiment with the seeds as well.

12. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

So you can just smoke 1-3 Yopo seeds and trip balls? I don't see why you would need to cook them since you sort of cook them with your lighter while smoking ;). How would you cook them if you needed to?

13. Geneity

Well, people cook them in a frying pan to get the shells to crack open so they can remove them easier. I don't see how that's really necessary, because you could just remove them yourself. The shells are supposed to be extremely brittle and just break off without much trouble.

Woo.

14. uplink

uplink Member

@ergotoxine: don't assume that. It's illegal to be sold prepared seeds, because it shows that you have intent to consume. If you are buying them you are legally supposed to be buying them to grow a plant, not trip balls. And by the analogue act, it's illegal to market anything as a psychedelic drug. ...unless there is some other use for prepared seeds.

I found it's easiest just to soak them in water for a long time and then peel the covers off so you have the white part. Roasting is definitely faster, but easier to screw up.

15. TomDijon

TomDijon Member

yopo is retarded. first of all you can't just sniff them as is, you need to add baking soda or something to them. second of all, when i tried it, my face went all red, it made me puke, and didn't make me trip that hard. not really a great drug to do, though maybe i didn't do it proper. they used to use ground up snail shells i believe. don't take my word for it though, check out erowid

16. uplink

uplink Member

I tried smoking yopo. Slight buzz, definitely over placebo, it made me smile because it reminded me of the last time I did ayahuasca. Nothing more than that though. It was gone in minutes.

17. PatternOfChaos

PatternOfChaos Member

Most people use lime paste you can get from asian supermarkets to mix the yopo with and insufflate it. Natives used to add ash to it but you can also add baking soda like someone here said.

Apparently the most active ingredient in yopo isn't even supposed to be DMT or 5-meo-dmt, which are definitely contained in there. I'm guessing there's enough of those chemicals to make it similar to other DMT trips though. Hurts a little to sniff it but worth it to do it that way over smoking.

18. Geneity

Bufotenin is said to be the most active consitute. Not DMT. That doesn't sound very fun to me. Bufotenin does not smoke well, and I think it's actually dangerous to smoke. Meh. I'd rather just get mimosa hostilis and extract pure DMT from that and vaporize it. Now that's a DMT trip =P

Apparantly Bufotenin can also be found in the urine of schizophrenics =P

19. uplink

uplink Member

There is definitely a lot more DMT than bufotenine, or people would not do it. Don't believe everything you read on the internet without double checking it.

Look at erowid experience reports.

or look here: http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/faqs/faqs_tryptamine.shtml

and umm... no... bufotenine is not found in the urine of schitzos. That's DMT. And it's not as much that DMT is found there (it's found in all human urine), but higher than normal levels of it are present. What's more, this rumor has been debunked... actually levels of DMT in schizophrenics and "normal" people is roughly the same.
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_journal2.shtml

sorry :)

20. Geneity

Man that would've been pretty funny =P