Anyone TLC?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by piperazine, Oct 15, 2005.

1. piperazine

piperazine Member

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone on here has done TLC to verify the mesc. content of their pedro or torch? If so could you post pics of the results or send them to me?

It will be very nice to know % content of our 3,4,5-trimethoxy friend beforehand.

I'd have more piece of mind if I could compare with others.

Thanks.

2. tDJcrashd

tDJcrashd Member

its a pretty difficult question to answer since everyone gets different results from every plant they've tested... its not like going to the store and buying 200mg advil, where each pill should contain 200mg...

I once put the time and effort into breaking down about 60 lbs of trichocereus pachanoi and wound up with approximately 2 kilo's of mescaline... if you're consuming chimora or another concoction using fresh san pedro, just so long as you don't overheat the alkaloids and cause them to become damaged... 12" cutting should get you approximately 300mg assuming its a 3inch wide cutting and is in good health...

hope this helps a little, if not I'd be willing to do an extraction to figure out the average extraction on my next batch... just so I can tell you on average how much mescaline I get out of each cutting... as for the TLC, I'm assuming you're talking about using a lab testing machine to figure out spectrometrically how much mescaline is contained in a poticular ammount of plant matter... too expensive to spend the time doing... and a waste of good plant material.

a good idea nonetheless, I'll ask a couple of people that I know that may have access to these machines, maybe they've done them in the past.

3. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

pedro averages around 400mg mesc per 25g dry.

400mg is a minumum tripping dose (yea_ I know you can get high on 200mg_ but it ain't tripping!)

with a little experience, you can learn to sample and estimate pretty well.

But as tDj said, the variation from plant to plant, (and apparently clone to clone when grown in different conditions) is unpredictable