anyone SHIT scared of dying early?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by praying4peace, Apr 18, 2007.

1. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

It might sound a little weird but im serious.

evertime i think about dying early and unexpectadly i get really freaked out. i feel like time is going so fast. most people have told me its because im a person that focuses way too much on the future and not the present.

but is anyone else like this? im sure theres plenty of people. emphasize on the plenty.
    im just really scared that i wont be able to see everthing and live to watch things change and grow. and i wont grow up to experience the amazing things in life like getting married, having kids, going to my first MAJOR concert or just getting old and looking back on life and smiling.
    its insane :(

2. Skratch

Skratch Member

When I was younger I would pray to die early so I didnt have to deal with the unstable world I was puked into...

didnt work tho....

idk just relax
    aint shit you can do about it anyway

you had no say in coming here and prolly wont have any going out...

but thats life eh?

smile

3. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

lately i've been thinking much about death and really get scared when i do...
    but yes it's no use thinking about it and being scared...better enjoying this very moment

we should all focus on present

4. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

nice man:)
    thanks for the advice. im nearly 16 and i already feel like im running out of time...

5. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

I don't fear death at all.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't want to die, but I'm not scared of dying.

However I did go mountain climbing a few years ago and briefly lost my footing, nearly falling nearly 500 feet onto the rocks and boulders below.

While I admit I was scared shitless it wasn't the dying part, it was the landing which scared the hell out of me[​IMG]

Hotwater

7. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

There's no real good reason to live unless you have family it would upset, and as much as I hate to say that, it's true. People talk about missing out on great experiences and stuff. Well, anything you miss won't matter after you're dead.

8. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

watch Alejandro Jodorowsky's "The Holy Mountain". Consider the Ceremony of Death, near the end of the movie. It cured me forever from fearing death by itself.

9. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Death at a young age does not scare me. The prospect of living many years more without dignity does. This world can be a nightmare if you let it, and in the last few years I think I began to let it. Everything feels so confining. The idea of getting a career, settling down, to me that sounds worse than death. I already have college debts, a degree in writing and literature that is not helping me make an income (though it may one day <-- hope continues to shine from within!), and a horrible feeling like the world is closing in on me and wants to clip my wings before I've even spread them.

10. The manticore

The manticore Member

yeah man i sometimes sketch about dying early

11. Bacchanalia

Bacchanalia Member

That's accurate for me as well. And while I occasionally get panicky over what happens next, if I'm going to worry about anything death-related, it's usually over HOW I'm going to die. Namely that it's going to be drawn out and painful. But I also agree with Share the Warmth -- a drawn-out, painful life scares me just as much.

12. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i can relate you to very much... i think about death everyday and especially while driving, every once in while when im on the road driving i think what if that car just swerved over and hit me.. and then i was dead just like that? i myself think too much into the future. but that can also be a good thing

13. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I dont wanna die before dinner

14. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

I'm scared about what happens after you die! I can't believe that you just go and then that's it - it all goes black and you are no more!

But then again I don't know if I believe in Heaven or reincarnation!!

15. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

I used to be very scared of death, but not anymore. You don't want to think about it so much that it ruins your life, but I think it's good to think about death to some extent, so that you can begin to get used to the idea of it. Some Buddhist meditations are all about picturing your rotting corpse, just so that you can put your life in perspective and realize that everything is changing, nothing lasts forever, etc. I've lived such a full life already, I really couldn't complain even if I died now, so it doesn't bother me much anymore.

16. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

if Jodorowsky didnt help you please consider Epicurus' quadripharmakon:
    it is pointless to fear death since when you exist death does not exist, and when death comes you are no longer here. pleasure is at hand for everybody, the gods are not a threat since they are far and dont care about us and pain is either bearable or deadly, and as we learned before death does not exist.

Otherwise if you are a believer you may hope in some form of eternal life, all the major religions sport some flavor of this extra bonus.

Fear of death is the perfect fear cause it's helpless, there is no way to escape, so either you can cope with that or you'll run mad. Most people do.

17. madcap

madcap Member

I went through a phase where i thought about dying practically everyday, i think i was 15, it was crazy! It passed though, yeah we should all just live for the moment while we are here, you never know what could happen to you so just live!

18. broony

broony Banned

Two people i know who were killed this year and two years ago were my age. When they died it really gave me a eye opener. Now it seems like i think about death everyday, although i think about life just as much. Death is scary thats for sure, then again, what are we scared about? We dont know what is on the other side. With that being said i say everyone should smoke weed and be in harmony.

19. enfys moon

enfys moon Member

im not going to die.. im going to live forever

20. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

It ain't being dead that bothers me as there are lots of things worse than death. Lots of times LIViNG sucks. Life can hand you lots of hard times. Like right now things are pretty bad. Like I am looking at the possibility of being homeless again. That is scary. I just lost my job. I have been "clinically dead". Dudes, I died in chlildbirth not quite 25 years ago. I hemmoraghed to death. I had so little blood left that it was a medical impossibility for me to live. But there I was back here again. The other side is beautiful and I wish I was back there lots of times. All is Warmth, Love and Acceptance over there. In the non-physcial realm LOVE is a force and is a physically felt thing. Like a Warm Gentle Breeze caressing and soothing you. I saw a being clothed in white in a white misty light. I argued with this being that I had to come back to raise the boy I had just birthed as he was a blue baby and he would not survive without me. In the arguement I called my mother-in-law a Bitch and said he would not survive in her care. Which was true on both counts. I wanted him to have the full life on this plane so I begged to come back. Next thing I know is I felt PAIN. I did not feel PAIN once I passed the point where I entered the dying phase. Once you are actually dying you feel euphoric. It is the greatest HIGH you will ever know. I understand though that those who check out early due to their own hands have a lot of work to do on the other side to deal with their issues and the people they hurt by opting out early. Don't worry about some God judging you. You get to see a video of your life and the mistakes you have made and the people you have hurt and you must decide how you are going to make things OK. YOU JUDGE YOU! Hell is only an option if YOU choose it. You can opt out anytime and choose the good place. You are only plagued by your own fears and hangups. So depending on the condition of your own soul is where you end up. But it is not permanent. Fear is your worst and only enemy. If you fear snakes you will see snakes and if you fear fire you will see a burning pit of fire or some such. If your soul is full of light and love I guess that means you will be in a place of light and love. You must face yourself once you die. So, I suggest meditation and other tools and books that can help you face yourself and your fears in the here and now and then what does it matter. You are the master of your own reality now and once you no longer inhabit flesh and blood.

Peace and Love, Cricket