Anyone seen the 'new' Doors?

Discussion in 'Music' started by God, May 18, 2004.

1. God

God Member

Has anyone gone to see the '21st Century Doors' perform live? I think it is wrong, to try to replace Jim Morrison with Ian Istbury. My friend finally explained it to me, telling me that it was not the doors without jim morrison, and he was right. Jim Morrison's mystical magic is what made the Doors. Anything else is just an illusion.

2. dreamergirl

dreamergirl Member

i haven't seen them or even really heard of the "new doors" but how could the doors be the doors without jim morrison??????????

3. MBastard

MBastard Member

yeah they suck. how can you recapture the vibe from the 60's. it's ridiculous

4. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I'm going to see them in 2 months.... I'm looking forward too it!!... Its still their music and theres still Ray and Robbie.. So thats good by me!!!

5. StAlphonzo

StAlphonzo Member

Ian Astbury of The Cult replaces Jim Morrison. I don't see everyone's problem with A 'new' Doors. Jim Morrison was one hell of a singer. He was also an abusive, pill-popping alcoholic, who was wiolent towards women. I know Jim Morrion (R.I.P), is a hard act for anyone to replace, but I think Ian Astbury will do the job well. However, no fucking way am I paying £32.50 to see them!:D

6. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

no one can replace Jim. You can't imitate a voice like that.

7. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

you can't also event try imitate a Hunk of Meat like that!!!!

8. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Jim was so incredibly beautiful...I get butterflies....yikes.... :D

I wanted to go see them in Atlanta earlier this month, but I didn't get to, so I'm hoping they might come to Nashville one of these days. They probably won't, though, because not many people do any more. Isn't this the Music City? Geez....

9. FREE

FREE Member

jim morrison,before he died,didnt want to be known as a rock and roll singer,he wanted to be seen as a poetor a artist,which he did quite well,it wasnt his voice,or his image that made him the legend,it was his thoughts and that was accompanied with the art that the three other doors put forth and i think many people put the commercializms before the man,he had wyld ruff times and thats something no one should or would be happy goin through,hence the reason he fled to france.but i do not partake in people liking him for bein a "cool slab of meet"or a hipped out "freak",listen to the words and then you might be able to see it in a different view.the doors is my alltime number one and any thing i can know about them i try to learn and by the way,i read that jim morrison hated hippies like an empty bottle...

FREE

10. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

i really listened to the words.. that's the reason why i like him just for being a cool slab of meat.

11. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

I second that comment!

12. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I want to see D21C SOOOOOO bad! I wanna see Robby.....

13. gnarkill_chik

gnarkill_chik Member

...heck no it aint the doors until you see jim morrison enter the stage...he brings too much adrenaline to the music...he's very intellegent...no body can replace him and his quote explains the whole thing about him being a comet and everybody is gonna look up and say "WHOA" then whoosh he's gone and there's nothing like him ever again...thats soo brilliant...he's soo mysterious..and misunderstood by people who dont bother to read or hear what he sang and wrote...people usually thought he's just some drunk...but he was soo much more than that...he was writer....flimmaker...poet... his philoshophy on life is like no other...its awesome because i read one of his poems and i could relate to it...i thought that was very smart of him...the poem that says " Moment of inner freedom when the mind is opened & the infinite universe revealed & the soul is left to wander dazed & confus'd searching here & there for teachers & friends" i can relate to that soo much which i think is beautiful....:D...he's also true when it comes to death....."Life hurts much more than death."...

14. orange skies

orange skies Member

Whos the guy replacing jim? werent they gonna use the guy outta the cult a few years ago to replace jim what happend with that?

15. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

i saw em over the summer, and i thought ian did a very good job of playing jim

16. Fangz

Fangz Member

I saw the new Doors at the Seattle pier a year and a half ago. I thought it was absolutely amazing. The best thing I have ever done in life. Granted there will NEVER ever be another Jim Morrison, Ian did a good job being the lead. Ray and Robbie have the exact same sound, style, and energy as you have heard in all of the original Doors albums. People were going crazy there, it was wery awesome. Usually when bands play live, it never sounds as good, but I swear, this was the shit. They stayed true to all of the old songs, and played a few new ones.

I highly recommend every doors fan to go. Specially if (like me) you weren't alive to see the real thing back in the late 60's!!!

17. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

sorry, I dont want to watch some old geezers on stage playing watered down rock music.

18. Ugunsmate

Ugunsmate Member

Yes, I saw the Ian band last summer. I cried and left early. I miss Morrison too much....even though I have enjoyed Ray solo....I couldn't get into Ian. ]

Some folks think its fine, to each his own.