Anyone play fortnite (Console)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by YungSAVi, Feb 5, 2019.

1. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

I'd like to 1v1 anyone to get better, i'm terrible but trying my hardest to become a beast.
    anyone have their best tips?
    my psn is: iIlM4TiCx
    feel free to request me and join my game.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Battle Royales revenue 2018 was 2.4 billion, thats revenue, not profit

Whilst impressive, for those that said 10 years ago gamimg would be huge in the future, by comparison, Marvel does that kind of revenue in two movies. Facebooks revenue, same year, 2018 was 55 billion, and thats without users having to initially buy a product

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I play it occasionally, when I feel like getting my ass destroyed by a 12 year old.

I play it on a PC but with a game controller because I have arthritis. I think you pretty much need to keyboard and mouse it to get good. It's a fun game even if you suck at it. If you have a cool casual head anyway, play "how long can I survive these maniacs". I do think the game should have some option to spawn PC game controller only players with just controller players. Also, I don't know if cheating is rampant but every session I have a WTF moment. "How the hell did he know I was hiding in that room?", I might say to myself, cool and casual like.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    YungSAVi and Asmodean like this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As I understand Fortnite is free to play. They only have to pay for optional extras. So even though its one of the most popular games atm it is probably not making the biggest profit

YungSAVi likes this.
  5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Damn dude wtf

YungSAVi likes this.
  6. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

^ Figuratively.
    Don't get all excited about it.

7. Asmodean

Battle royale must mean something different than i thought!

YungSAVi and McFuddy like this.
  8. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

And can somebody please telly me why, on a North American server, I'm more likely to get paired up with some foreign language fuckers with babies screaming in the background!?!

YungSAVi likes this.
  9. Asmodean

I don't know. I can only assure you it happens in Europe too (im playing other online games). Sometimes I can figure out what language they're actually uttering, but just as often not. No clue where they're from

YungSAVi likes this.
  10. morrow

morrow Visitor

The 10 to 13 year olds in the family seem to be hung up on it... put me off when I heard it's the latest grooming site... fuckin perverts.. leave those kids be ffs!

YungSAVi likes this.
  11. Asmodean

If they're just playing the game I honestly think you have little to worry about. If they're making new real life friends via Fortnite just warn them. Not staying in touch online with adult strangers and never meet a stranger on your own etc. That kind of stuff.

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Because 'www' stands for worldwide web.:yum::yum::yum:

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  13. wilsjane

I think that is something that should also be taught in schools.
    To get the message home in a fun way, children could play group computer games, where the winner is the last one to get his identity revealed.

YungSAVi likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, typical old persons comment.

The way to get through to a 10 yr old addicted to fortnite is via his teacher?

Most of the kids would be savvy to online creeps years before their grandparents say stuff like, errr maybe this should be taught in schools

15. wilsjane

That was exactly what I said. I was talking about avoiding creeps and perverts, not about playing the game.
    My suggestion for the school game was purely about seeing how long you can communicate via computer without someone piecing together your identity.

16. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Ewww, you got me good there. It sure does sound like you know how multiple zone, ping regionalized, game servers are supposed to work.

YungSAVi likes this.
  17. wilsjane

Not exactly, I am not a gaming expert, but the main reason for preferential routing it to avoid packet data getting out of sequence. For this reason, data can be deliberately routed all around the world to avoid busy servers at peak times. Clearly, if the gaming industry are trying to work within this framework they have got something wrong. However, are they purely interested in ping return speeds, rather than geographical location.?

18. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

IDK WTF but I can drop into 10 random squads on >>NA EAST<< server and not HEAR one single mofo speaking english!!??

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    YungSAVi likes this.
  19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Never played it and I am turned off by all the kids. It just seems like I should stick with Battlefield.

20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

It used to be quite hilarious listening to kids fight with each other and call each other faggots. Back when you could find the odd group of English speaking players!

YungSAVi likes this.