Anyone here go to Strawberry Fields in Canada

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by topper, Jan 17, 2007.

1. topper

topper Member

I worked the week of Woodstock and thought we would have a second chance at the Strawberry Fields Concert in Canada. Lennon never showed.
    It was a pretty wild time. Great Music, like a small woodstock, without the rain. Lots of fun.

2. ROCKSB

ROCKSB Member

You are the first person that I have heard of, that went to Strawberry Fields concert in Canada. I was beginning to think that it was just a flashback. The music was just great. Was Alice Cooper there?
    Lucky

3. xLaura_OneLovex

xLaura_OneLovex Member

i've been to the actual Strawberry Fields in Liverpool.
    many-a-time.
    :-]
    L x

4. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

..........what groups played their ...sounded like a good groove man

5. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

sadly strawberry fields is derelict at the moment but hopefully it will be given a new lease of life soon:)

6. googlemp3

googlemp3 Banned

7. HermesTM

HermesTM Member

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Visitor

We drove from Detroit to Mosport to attend the festival. Arrived at night and I remember cresting a hill and seeing Chicago playing "25 or 6 to 4". What a high. We sleep on the ground next to the car.

I had made a pair of glasses with red bicycle reflectors and a white coat hanger. The next day I recall walking through the crowd down by the stage and letting people wear the glasses.

9. Janison2001

Janison2001 Member

My friend 'Berta and I drove up to the festival. We were looking for our friends and decided to go on the ferris wheel on the outskirts of the festival aso we could look for the sun that was painted on our friend Noel's van. I fell off the ferris wheel (approx. 40 feet) and spent the entire weekend "sedated", but celebrated for living thru the ordeal. I remember Jose Feliciano mentioned me during his set. Terrific festival - went to most of the ones on the East Coast including Woodstock!!

10. dlsarge

dlsarge Guest

Hello Rocks.
    I decided to search Strawberry Fields and you are one of 2 others I found that went to this concert. Like you, I was beginning to think this was a flashback or my imagination. Unlike you, however, I have no memory of it whatsoever. I remember going, but that is it. I am hoping for some memories from others to prompt my memory. Who played there? Was it just a week-end. What year? God, that sounds terrible and I was not a real stoner either. I think I may have dropped acid that week-end which wiped the slate clean. Any help would be appreciated.

11. mainesqueeze

mainesqueeze Guest

It's coming back to me!! I remember Grand Funk Railroad, Mountain, and Melanie being there?

12. babyjay

babyjay Senior Member

poor dlsarge, i would be so sad if i went to something so wonderful, and it was forgotten.):

13. RJForman

RJForman Guest

I remember hitching from my folks house in NJ to Strawberry Fields.
    About three rides to the border then after being strip searched I got a ride to the show.

14. Salemwhich

Salemwhich Guest

I was there too. I went with people I had just met the week before and none of my longtime friends believed me. There is a group on FB "Strawberry Fields Festival" with some links to video and photos. Peace Out.

15. AK Bones

AK Bones Member

I was at the Strawberry Fields festival. I was living in the midwest in those days. Drove up with a friend in his little mini-cooper. We were pulled over by the michigan state police when they spotted us kind of playing around in the tail wind of some semi. We had been smoking reefer and they could smell it in the car. They had us go to the trooper station and searched the car but din't find our smoke. Anyway we did make it to the fest. Great music and a great time. Many lovely memories from those days.

16. alibaba2010

alibaba2010 Guest

Hey people me and a bunch of my friends attended and yes we ate lots of acid, mescaline,mda, and smoked lots of hash and weed. Took my best friend 3 days to come back down to earth after that weekend Alice Cooper did play

17. bronny12

bronny12 Guest

I went with my husband, three-year-old son, and three other friends, all from the commune where we were living on the edge of the Tug Hill Plateau in upstate NY. We had missed Woodstock because friends had called us and warned us we wouldn't be able to get into the venue. The weather was sure better at Strawberry Fields, which was held in Mosport Park, Ontario - beautiful sunny weather the whole time. We had an incredible time. Bands I remember hearing: Sly and the Family Stone, Jose Feliciano, Grand Funk Railway, Alvin Lee (with someone?). Can't remember the others. Best memories: huge group of people skinny dipping in Lake Ontario, a few miles from the venue, with locals hanging around gawking and taking photos; a cop talking to a guy and a girl on a motorcycle. The girl is totally naked. I actually have a photo of that - and a lot of other great shots. We set up next to a bunch of Hell's Angels who brought their bikes in a big Ryder truck and roared them in and out of the truck each day. They were nice to us, and their girlfriends made a big deal out of our little toddler son.

18. Cloudchaser

Cloudchaser Guest

Hi All
    Was at the "Strawberryfields Music Festival" on Aug 7-10 1970 at Mosport Park in Bowmanville Ontario Canada.
    What a blast got there when Melanie was going on stage followed by the most amazing amazing set by Jethro Tull - they were so loud-that even to this day I swear I can hear the feedback from Martin Barre's marshal amps.
    Led Zep and Leonard Cohen were supposed to be there-but for some reason never showed. It has been called "Canadas Woodstock" plus seeing Mountain and Cactus live on stage back to back is mind blowing...........
    here is a list of the acts at StrawberryFields:
    Performers

Keep rocking in the free world
    peace

19. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

i was there 73
    mosport ontario