Anyone here did the annapurna circuit trek?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Pellinore, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

I will probably do this with some friends this summer, i know it is during the monsoon. but its something i really want to do and go for.
    Only a little worried about crossing the thorung la pas, i went from jomson to muktinath previous summer, and got a glimps of this pas. The top of the pas is 5400 meters, and i'm intrested in knowing if anyone has tips to prevent acute mountain sickness when going up, i heard some not so fancy stories of people who went down with bleeding noses and ears, coughing up blood because of it. any tips are welcome..aswell as suggestions on places to see during the trek and experiences of people who did it.

ps: we will go without porters and a guide, but we hope to team up with other trekkers the day we go over the pas.

2. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

btw, if anyone feels like tagging along this summer, just let me know, as it stand now, we will probably go with 5 people, two likeminded people from wales who i've been long friends with via the internet will also tag along, so its not like you would come in a group of old friends who knew eachother for a long time.

we will go for 4-5 weeks in juli (could be later in august too), the trek will take 3 weeks, 4 at most. so..if intrested let me know something, we're always open to welcome new faces, the more people the more fun eh.