Anyone have a yummy apple bread recipe?

Discussion in 'Bread' started by hippychickmommy, Mar 10, 2005.

1. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I've tried a few different apple bread recipes, but I haven't been super happy with the results. We love apples and I want a more apple taste! I even substitute natural applesauce for the oil called for in the recipes, but I still haven't been satisfied. I also don't want to have to put a lot of sugar into it, as I make the bread more as a snack or breakfast, not a dessert. KWIM?

I think I'm looking for a recipe that calls for either shredded or chopped apples, but I need to be sure that the apples cook down well for my kids to enjoy it (one of my sons is extremely finicky when it comes to fruit and I'm always looking for ways to sneak it in)

Any ideas?

TIA!

2. jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka Member

i wish i could help, but i find your problem with your son eating fruit funny. I was like that too with vegetables, then my mom deep fried some broccoli and told me they were chicken nuggets, i got through the third one before i realized what i was eating. Just a story, lol good luck.

3. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

here's one you could try.. this is a simplified version of one we make at my job.

make the flour, water, salt and yeast dough. flour and water are about equal parts. maybe a little less water than flour. Mix in cubed apples, raisins, and cinnamon. let it rise in a baking pan until it's nice and airy and whip an egg to brush on the top for a nice shiny look when it's baked. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. I'm not sure on that time because I have never baked just one at a time, but it will be a nice golden color from the egg wash.