Anyone had a close call with the authorities?

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by Femme of Violence, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Femme of Violence

Femme of Violence Member

I remember when I was younger a friend and I got busted for writing peace on a bus stop - they searched our bags (that contained two bags of weed) but somehow they missed them :2thumbsup:
    We even got mug shots next to our drawings.. that were as big as this post :frown:

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

got pulled over with alcohol in my system when i was 17, also had a girl who i was taking home in the back seat with a bottle of rum and xanax out in the open. didnt have my license with me. had a busted headlight.
    and somehow i drove away with nothing but a have a good night :rofl:

It scared me good though.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Before I had my medical card I was pulled over and when the cop asked if he could search my car I said no. Unlike most people I did not fall for his wording trick, I knew I had the right to refuse a search. He yells at me "that doesn't matter" and goes on to tell me how he'll just get a dog and then I'll be in twice as much trouble. Well I knew I was in just as much trouble rather I admitted I had weed or I made his job hard, so I made it hard. He came back to my car and all I got was a speeding ticket for 10 over.

4. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Among others one I recall with amazement was one year at the Haight Street Fair back in the '80s. I was back stage with the production crew smoking a jay when through the back gate comes police Sgt Mike Gannon with five gold badges (captains) whom he proceded to introduce around. As I stood there cupping the joint in my hand behind my back I shook hands with each of them! They just wanted to be back stage for the music. WHEW!

5. FarmerJ

FarmerJ Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My buddy and I were pulled over by an undercover disguised as a taxi in NYC. We were trying to find a way to get on to the highway to get back to Boston. Four cops got out of the cab and kept asking if we werer "looking for crack". I'm not sure exactaly what neiborhood we were in (Upper West side?) but it didn't seem like that kind of place at all. Plus it was only like 9:30The cops refused to belive we were lost even though we were in a car with Mass. plates and both of had produced Mass. DLs. Oddly they never even asked to search the car or even pat us down, even though they were acting super aggro, and shinging flashlights in our eyes. After like ten minits of trying to get us to admit we were "looking for crack" they let us go, without writing a ticket or pointing us toward the highway. The kicker is we had 6 lbs. in the trunk, vacu-sealed and in new rubbermaid, but still.

6. absentwithin

absentwithin Member

Ya way back me and two buddies went on a road trip to a state park smoking j after j in the car clambaking the whole way. Well we had to cut through a small village in the worst county in IL. Low and behold the only cop in town gets right behind us know Idk if it was my car a old malibu or the evident smoke pillows inside but he was hot on our ass well we roll down the windows to let the smoke out and we had just finished and disposed of our last doob so we had no more weed in the car or so I thought. Well he pulled us over and was pissed when i didnt stop before the bridge but after it. Idk then but the city county line ended at the half way bridge point. So he's screaming at me demands my license and regestration from me. I give it to him and he goes back to the squad. My buddy in the back seat starts wiggin out saying he cant get caught. I ask him wtf he's talkn about he screeches out that he has an ounce and a teener on him. I was like dafuq bro shove that shit between your butt cheeks and pray. The pig comes up and demands the passengers get out of the car and get in the back of his car. He than tells me to get out and stand at the front of my car saying he has probable cause do to the strong odor coming from my car. throws the keys on the hood tossing cassettes out the door, just making a mess of it. He dumps the front ashtray out still nothing. At las he gets to the backseat and was like I KNEW IT CAUGHT YOU RED HANDED! He comes out of the backseat with the smallest roach I've ever seen. He was giddy asked if there was more ashamed I shook my head no. He said good throw your stuff in your car and follow me to the village hall. I was like what wait you want me to drive my car. I followed him no pat downs of my friends just their parents being called to come pick them up. Community service hour but no tickets issued and me sitting there for 4 hours cleaning the toilets,garbage etc till he figured I was sober enough to drive home to a serious ass kicking. Ya that county is a bitch just the weed alone back the

7. DannyJ

DannyJ Guest

The other day we were in and around a car in a carpark in the centre of town and literally everyone (like 8 people) was either smoking or rolling a spliff, and the police drove past slowly like 15 metres in front of us. we shit ourselves and turned the music off, and my friend who was rolling a spliff on the roof folded a half rolled spliff into a zig zag packet and shoved it down his pants, and then left a grinder right there on the roof :')
    They didnt stop or anything but we went after that cause we were really sketched out

8. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

^sounds like you were being a bit of an idiot!

9. puppet_and_gin

puppet_and_gin Member

The hubby and I had just gotten married in the great ol state of Texas and were off to a honeymoon cabin in the KY mountains. We knew some people so we were able to pick us up a double elbow of that good greenery for a our long trip to the hills. Well, me myself have never carried more than a blunt or two in a vehicle with me at any given time and would be beyond paranoid with that little bit but for some reason I was cool with us carrying this huge bag (not compressed) through state after state. We had removed the inner lining of the trunk and stashed the bag (that was bagged inside a bag inside a bag X 6), reattached the liner and filled the trunk with coolers, baggage, etc. It was beyond full so i felt pretty safe about it. Threw our 3 dogs in the back seat and headed to KY.
    Well it was after midnight some time and we were on the out skirts of Arkansas when I was presented with blue lights behind me. I was very careful of my speed and what i was doing cuz i didnt wanna get caught. But i had to pull over. So I did. Suposedly the trooper pulled me for following too closely but i dont recall even one other vehicle on that road that night besides me. However we had gotten into our stash a lil on the road so I may have been mistaken. Cigar wrappers littered the floor board and it hadnt been too long since we put out the last one.
    Once pulled over, I went to grab my license and registration cuz i knew thats what would be asked of me. I couldnt find my license! BUT i had an old license with the same number so I could atleast have THAT proof. THEN i couldnt find my registration or insurance. So when i went to hand him the old license....they were now GONE as well. Couldnt find them. I was like wtf! Where is the camera?! He asked me to step out of the car and back to his car for a sec. I gave him my license number which i oddly remember and he runs it...comes back clean. He asked what we were doing there and I told him. Well lemme stop right there and tell you this.... my hubby is a felon....and while getting married his father had given me some guns as an "inheritance". So when the next question from the cop was "are there any guns or drugs in the car".... I couldnt lie. So i told him there were a few shot guns in the trunk and ofcourse he wanted to see. He proceeded to take EVERYTHING out of the trunk even after he found the guns within seconds because they were on top. I kid you not...this cop was head first into my trunk with his feet nearly off the ground like he was part hound dog. The entire time hubby is in the passenger seat smokin like a freight train and Im standing there thinkin to myself "We going to jail...he gonna find it and we are going to jail".
    After bout what seemed like 30 minutes of him emptying my trunk and crawlin around in there he emerged and said "Well yall have a good night and stay a safe distance from the car ahead of you.....Do you need help putting this back in your trunk?" I couldnt say "FUCK NO" fast enough!!! He walked back to his car and sat there while i crammed this crap back in my trunk. As i sat my ass in that driver seat and cranked up....I realized how far up inside my belly my asshole had retracted LOL Such a close call.

10. Legocy

Legocy Member

My pal and I were driving around when we got pulled over. The cop asked for my licence and insurance. I forgot i had my pipe and stash in my glove box. When i opened it luckily it was all in a black bag. I just handed it to my friend, and got my insurance and the cop just let us go.

But it some how the contents of that bag got out. oh man.

11. Cartesian Planeswalker

Cartesian Planeswalker Member

I had an experience very similar to this one right after I got my driver's license. The cops get really mad when you know your rights. It's kind of ridiculous.

COOL FACT: If you say that you don't consent to any search, but they still search your car, they're technically not allowed to use anything they find against you. Like if you get pulled over and there's weed in the glove box, but you say you don't consent to any search, your ass is covered. If the cop searches against your consent and arrests you for possession, the judge is legally obligated to throw out the weed that the cop found as evidence against you. It's like the cop never found the weed. Charges are dropped. But this only works if they were not given probable cause to search!

12. AmyBeachGirl

AmyBeachGirl Member

Nah unfortunately I was hoping to be cuffed and frisked a few times but I am still waiting.

13. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Handcuffs are really not as fun as they sound.

And that may be giving them too much credit.

14. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

Secondhand story, told to me by my friend:

We live in a state where weed is pretty much decrim'd, so cops can't harass you too bad if all you're doing is smoking.

My friend was down in the shipping/port district and pulled into a parking lot, rolling up a j. The paper was in his hand and the baggie of weed was out on his lap when the cop knocked on the window. Not knowing what to do my friend just unrolled the window, and said "hello, officer." Apparently the cop merely said, "You're gonna have to do your drugs elsewhere, son" and walked away.

15. spaceinvader

spaceinvader Guest

I had just started in high school when i had to go to this meeting with the principal because i had'nt finished junior high , only problem was that i was really fucking high at the moment. Ofcourse they noticed but my mom (!) who was in the meeting with me somehow talked me out of it .I was lucky and they still let me in , but the crazy part is i was carrying around 10 grams of hash in my backpack and while i was in the principals office, the schoolyard , the closets , and a handfull of class rooms where being searched (with dogs and shit)..... laughed my ass of when i heard. :)

16. dude007

dude007 Guest

Out for a trippy walk with a mate, high as kites. Just enjoying the enhanced scenery when a couple of bizzies stop us and start asking questions about a robbery that had "apparently" just happened. Had to turn out our pockets, luckily left the acid at home but had my weed on me. Biggest mistake was trying to bribe the old bill, saying if I gave him the weed would he leave us be. Got a free ride to the nick and a stay for the night. Messed up night, hearing screaming and allsorts. When I was released I said they must have been having a busy night. The desk Sgt looked at me like I was demented and said I had been the only visitor.

17. MercuryMorrison

MercuryMorrison Member

I was at a rave a few years ago, which was also the first time I ever tried XTC...Anyway, the party wound up being crashed by the cops and there were arrests involved.

I was rolling off my ass on XTC when all of this went down. I remember walking threw a crowd of people and seeing a bunch of cops at the front door arguing with the door manager, this one cop in particular stared right into my eyes and started walking towards me...Luckly I was around about 100 other people easily, so I quitely slipped back into the crowd and worked my way to the back door of the house along with many other people...I walked 10 blocks in freezing weather high on XTC back to my friends house where I was staying.

I was very lucky that I got out when I did, but looking back it was an amazing experience.

18. WillyBoy

WillyBoy Guest

Way back in high school two of my buddies and I were riding back to school after scoring an ounce of weed.

The cops put the light on, and I'm thinking where to stash the weed. I could hide it in the car or on me.

Being a magician, I decided to keep it with me, maybe I can trick them. They ask us to get out of the car. One officer searches the car and finds nothing.

The other asks to search us. I had the ounce in my right coat pocket. When the officer gets to me, he simply asks me to lift up my jacket so he can pat me down. The officer pats me down UNDER the jacket so he missed the weed altogether. That was close

19. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

waaaay back when i lived in MI, i used to sell buds. couldnt tell you how many times i got pulled over, they even frisked me, but i had that shit jocked. let me go.

also....
    i was travelling back to where i live now from norcal. i had SUPER good buds in an altoids can in a pants pockett in my duffell bag. and i had like 10 grams of random thrown in buds in the battery compartment of my old bass pedal. well i took the bus all the way down, and when i was in el paso,tx the ppl on the bus said "dont worry bout your bags we'll put them on the next bus for you" hmm.. i thought.
    well we were on our way again, and i was sleeping. stopped at a border patrol station. all told them we are americans, and one of them steps back on the bus and says is there a MIKe" on here. i was like shit!! looked down, dog barking like crazy at my shit on the side of the bus. took me down, they said is this tin yours? i was like, yeah obviously. they opened it up, put me in cuffs, dragged me inside. while i was in there they searched all my shit, and there were illegal aliens in there as well. treated them better than me, treated me like a cartel overlord. threw me in a holding cell. couple hours later they got me out, and there was the sherriff. he gave me my tickett. said they found 1 gram in that tin. (there were like 3 grams), and he said "you say fuck texas i will hunt you down" drove me to the next bus station. i went immediately in the bathroom searched for that fat quarter, and DAMN!!! there it was lol
    btw i said fuck texas you think i paid that shit you're nuts

20. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

AND story goes on btw lol. well when i get to orlando. (florida is a bad place to get caught w/ buds) i got off the bus, and the station had it's own border patrol, and a dog was coming up to me, (had my shit on me at this point)quickly raised my bag as the officer and dog turned the other way. when inside, we missed our bus cuz the ppl working there fucked up on something i forget. and i smoke ciggs. so i left my carryon bag in the middle of the station, and when i went outside to smoke, there were 2 officers searching everyone that went out and in. was in there for 4 damned hours lol. kept going outside. finally our bus showed up, and i was gone,,GONE.