Anyone Graf?

Discussion in 'Art' started by solidarity, Jun 6, 2006.

1. solidarity

solidarity Member

I was just wondering if anyone was into graffiti and the like? Post pictures of your stuff if you have 'em.

2. zerokool280

zerokool280 Member

yeah same here cause i like graffiti, so if any1 is interested in it, then yeah.

3. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

look in the "mural update" thread. thats only graffitti stuff. I love it, but i'm too scared to really spend time doing it outside with cans.

here's a few other sketches...

4. solidarity

solidarity Member

I'm pretty much a toy, so the only stuff I've done outside are quick little tags with paint markers. Plus I can't afford paint right now, so I'll just stick to sketching in my blackbook.

5. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Member

the night before last i created 2 stencils about a2 size ish which im going to use to tag my town with. They arent 'of' anything, just interesting designs, i will post them when im done :)

6. somedude

somedude Member

If you don't do it outside in the open, is it graffiti? If it's done with regular paint indoors is it just art based on graffiti?
    And what is the point of tagging? I like some graffiti, occasionally you see pieces that are really cool and well done. But seriously, what is the reason behind just scribbling your nickname all over the city without any regard for aesthetics? I mean if you're that bored why not do something productive and walk around and pick up trash.

7. solidarity

solidarity Member

I think with tagging you can still get a message across, most people yeah, they just scribble their name out. Usually I'll write a message with my name, something simple but powerful. Sometimes even just a peace sign works for me. And yeah, when your still a "toy," you shouldn't just go out and bomb, that's just silly. You gotta take your time. Get a few ideas. Sketch in yer books. Then buy some paint, find a chill wall, and get up.

8. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Member

i dont like crap tagging, like when its just to put indesipherable lines on a wall...
    but when its done right it can give an 'edge' to a city. In italy graffiti is legal, and going along on the train was just amazing watching all this colour and beuty fly past ontop of a grey and boring background.

I like Banksy's (the famous grafiti artist) philosiphy - he wants to make cities, which alot of people find ugly and unatractive, to become a place of magic, dreams etc, where all artists can openly express them selves and make the world a more beutfiful place.

9. solidarity

solidarity Member

Banksy is freaking amazing.

“Imagine a city where graffiti wasn’t illegal, a city where everybody could draw wherever they liked. Where every street was awash with a million colours and little phrases. Where standing at a bus stop was never boring. A city that felt like a living, breathing thing which belonged to everybody, not just estate agents and barons of big business. Imagine a city like that and stop leaning against the wall – it’s wet.”

10. lovemyfreedom

lovemyfreedom Member

go to my pics on da hipphotos or wateva its called
    and check my shit out
    PEACE OUT
    chris