Anyone from Memphis, TN. Got a Question

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by SirTripzALOT, Sep 22, 2012.

1. SirTripzALOT

SirTripzALOT Guest

So, I've been trying to figure out how to get ahold of some salvia, but since it's apparantly illegal here, no luck.

Therefore, does anyone from Memphis, TN feel like sharing any info or their methods of getting this?

Thanks.

2. Yenihime

Yenihime Guest

Well, I might not be from Memphis, but I am from the Tenneessee area. And it is a shame that such good drugs are being made illegal. Things like Kratom and Salvia.
    I checked the net for information and sure enough the leaders of Tennessee have made it illegal to possess for use as a hallucinogen, and other purposes. It's being placed in the category of schedule I drugs, the same as heroin.
    I find it completely stupid. It's like these people that make the things illegal got nothing better to do than to find out what things are fun and then make it illegal and ban it.
    Lawmakers make me so angry at the fact they do this.
    Weed. Salvia. Shrooms, Kratom, Etc, are all safe to use. As long as using correctly.
    And for your information, I've tracked down the law codes in Tennessee for Salvia and this is what I found:

1. Tennessee Code 39-17-438

• This legislation, which went into effect on July 1, 2010, makes it illegal to knowingly produce, manufacture, distribute, possess, intend to produce, manufacture or distribute the active chemical in the Salvia divinorum plant. This means that the crystallized form of Salvinorum A and extracts that are purely for recreational purposes are illegal to have, make, sell or otherwise distribute in Tennessee. This may not apply to the plant itself since the law only refers specifically to the Salvinorum A compound.

Tennessee Code 39-17-452 part 1

• Proposed on February 15, 2006, and passed on July 1 of the same year, this law makes it a Class A misdemeanor to have possession of Salvia divinorum or Salvinorum A for recreational consumption purposes.

Tennessee Code 39-17-452 part 2

• It is not an offense to possess, grow, plant, harvest or otherwise cultivate Salvia divinorum for landscaping, aesthetic or decorative purposes. This means that if you are interested in growing this plants because of its attractive leaves or large size, you will be able to do so freely, so long as you do not intend to extract or consume the Salvinorum A compound from the leaves.

So, looking at all of this, My reply would be to get ahold of the plant itself. And then extract it. I believe that is the only way that you are going to be able to get some. Again, I have to state, it is a shame that lawmakers keep finding stuff that is fun and then making it illegal.
    What's next? Cigarettes?