Anyone ever think

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by questing400, Jun 14, 2006.

1. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

that the mental health forum would fit more appropriately into Mind Trips rather than Alternative Life Styles?

I think that Alternative Life Styles implies a conscious choice by the person (ie., I chose to be naked or I love camping)

Also, mental disorders are definitely "mind trips" as anyone who suffers from them will tell you.

2. dietcoketree

dietcoketree Member

i kind of think as mind trips as more just fun and somewhat enjoyable and interesting. and i obviously cant speak for EVERY person who has posted on mental health, but i tihnk of that as more falling victum to your mentality, many times in a negative manner. also, mind trips seem to be more of a spontaneous thing, while mental health is never ending and constant; effecting how you view everything around you.

but maybe thats just the point your trying to make... i duno..

but i, personally, dont tinhk mind trips and mental health are the same thing.

3. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Yeah thats true. Mental disorders are the worst kinds of illnesses. You could have your leg cut off but if you have a good mind then you can get over it but a mental illness lingers with you forever.

4. spooner

spooner is done.

Yeah. Because enough willpower will stop schizophrenia.

5. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

............is it your own experience ???????
    google or wiki "Ronald D. Laing"..................[​IMG]

6. WakeUpAndLive

WakeUpAndLive Member

i was just thinking the same

7. superfly

superfly Member

mind trips dnt just happen like that... they come when there is the need for it. when the need to escape from the serious life to a calmer pace-this is a trip for me, even if it is in my mind

8. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I would say that mental health is a lifestyle, not a mind trip. Otherwise, I'm living one huge mind fuck... Maybe that's not far from the truth?!?

peace and love