anyone ever just taken off?

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by sheeprooter, Jun 9, 2006.

1. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

left home for a random destination with no real plans just for a change? i feel like spinning the globe and landing wher my finger falls

2. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

I dream of it.... I have a personal posession's hang up, I hate it.... if you can, to travel and see different things everyday is my deffinition of being free... Float on the breeze..

Mike..

3. wandering_okie

wandering_okie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

When we came to Idaho in 2000, we gave/threw away everything that wouldn't fit in our van. (amazing how fast you accumulate things)
    Just started over....again. Sometimes I regret that....not very often though.

The journey is more fun if you aren't weighed down. Plus, we don't allow ourselves long term debt. I try not to owe more than I can pay off in just a few months. That way, if we want to go to another place.....we just pay things off and go.
    Been all over the place. I wouldn't trade those memories for all the stuff in the world.

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yes, I did it before. Sold everything I owned and travelled wherever destiny took me. Try it, it makes life so much more interesting.
    Two more months before I go again, two very very long months....

5. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

yep.. only took what i needed to survive.. left the rest in the hands of someone thats probaby thrown it all away

6. free2fly

free2fly Members

Ive been slowly parting with my stuff since a few months ago... now that Im down to actually the stuff I used in my place (when I had my own place) ... its getting difficult, Ive got my parents telling me "oh you better keep that, for when you get your own place again" ... ughhh .... and its a shame because some of this stuff I do like and dont want to part with, but its all decor and dishes and stuff.. and ... if I hit the road its all stuff that I will not be needing, and will only cost me to store it... *sighs* ... ughh ...... I have to argue myself out of every thing I sort out!
    But at least I can make some money from it... Ive been putting it into a consignment shop... that way I wont have to handle it to sell it and possibly decide to keep it ... lol

7. wandering_okie

wandering_okie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

After you do it a few times, your parents will just go
    (mumbling) well....okay...have fun... I was like 20 when mine finally did that.

8. free2fly

free2fly Members

lol ... well Ive left and moved out a few times.. but it never fails, once Ive lived with them again for awhile, they want to treat me like a child/dictate my life all over again! lol. but its not a problem, they know they cant...

My problem right now is direction actually. Have so many places I want to go and not sure where to start or whats best for me right now.. and.. so many things I would like to do and dont want to do alone.
    But I know I want to live simply and as free as possible, of that Im certain! :)

9. Peterness

Peterness Member

i'm basically doing this in a couple of months...taking 2 grand and a small rucksack...single to delhi with eventual plans to teach english somewhere in SE asia, then use that money to hit the road once more...this way i'll hopefully be able to stay on the road for , well, indefinitely...not sure how it'll turn out, which is the way like it really. :)

10. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

thats cool, to teach english would you need to know their launguage as well? I would think so?

Sounds cool.

Mike...

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Nope you do not need to speak the language.
    It helps though, even if you know just the basics.

12. Peterness

Peterness Member

indeed.

13. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

I got pissed off with work before and fucked off to Asia (India, Nepal & Thailand) for over 9 months. I'll be heading off again in October, this time to South America.

14. silent_one5

silent_one5 Member

i have been halfway across the country already and im going on my next adventure soon
    possibly out to cali.