Anyone else think Halle Berry is a bad actress'?

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by acornman, Nov 10, 2008.

1. acornman

acornman Member

hey

i watched Halle Berry in 'perfect stranger' and she is just awful!
    She's ok in the scenes with Bruce Willis but she is so embarrassingly bad in the scened with Giovanni Ribisi.
    They are meant to be best buddies so there is a lot of really fake laughter and a sense of chemistry between them that is never captured and this is not the fault of Ribisi who is a great actor!
    She is only saved in the Willis scenes because her lines are short and simple and monotone.
    How she got an oscar is beyond me!

2. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

The oscars have lost all meaning within the last 20 years or so,with the decline of good motion pictures,and the sub-par(poor)'so-called talent' in front and behind the cameras in contemporary cinema.---I agree she is not a good actress,and I don't find her that attractive either.--It seems like anyone can win an oscar nowadays.

3. iloveit

iloveit Member

she's awful. gorgeous and awful.

4. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

She was awesome in MONSTER'S BALL. I thought she deserved the Oscar. Haven't seen the other film mentioned.

--QP

5. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

x2 Her performance was very colorful and full of depth in Monster's Ball.

There are some movies that actors/actresses really go all out for because they know its there time to shine, and there are movies that actors/actresses take for the money... which category do you think 'perfect stranger' falls into? lol

6. Shale

Shale ~

I'm one of the three ppl who liked Gothika and she did alright in that.

You don't think she shoulda got an Oscar for Storm? :p