Anyone else have SP?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by texasmade3, May 8, 2007.

1. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I posted this in true confessions but didn't know where to put it exactly to get the most feedback. I figured I would get a few more responses here.. by the way, SP, is sleep paralysis. Anyone wanting to discuss go here:

http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235118

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah. A few times. I slept walked as a kid and as an adult I've had some tramatic paralysis experiences in my sleep. I kinda like it cause the dreams are so vivid and that's most when I can control them but it's horrifying at the same time. I've learned to control it a bit to the point where my ode are pleasant to say the least.

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I used to sleepwalk when I was a kid.

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Sleep paralysis? Only when I drink

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Yes almost every single night. I have night terrors, too. I don't sleep very well, which is probably why I sleep so often. We finally got the new bedroom at the house cleaned up and so I'll be sleeping there this weekend, so I'll probably finally get some rest! Unless the prospect of being in a new room interferes...Meh.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my father used to work for the Southern Pacific railroad, and when i was in the air force they called their own security forces Security Police.

when i was between somewhere arround five or six, and up to arround 12 or 13, and even occasionaly, though rarely after, i would wake up in the middle of the night or immigine i was awaike as that case might be, with the sensation that my breathing had stopped and i could do nothing to get it started again and when i tried to cry out for help i couldn't make any kind of sound either.

this could have been anything from a mild form of nonconvulsive eppilepsy to something like 'alien abduction'. i have no slightest idea and doubt that i ever will.

i haven't been plagued by it for decades though, and hope i never am again.
    that and immagining how easy it might sometimes be for someone to inadvertantly kill someone they didn't intend to, are probably the two most terrifying things i have personaly experienced.

that and some of the kinds of things that are being done to people now on the basis of half or even less, partial truths.

=^^=
    .../\...