anyone a waitress (at a bar?)

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by nightmarehippygirl, May 20, 2004.

1. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i'm just wondering if anyone is/has worked as a waitress at a bar lately. i need to get a job, like for a couple of months, and am thinking of going in this direction...

i have heard from girls i know that the money is pretty good, but i sorta wanted to verify that.

oh yeah, fyi, i am not talking about a topless bar, or anything like that, lol. i know the money is good there, but that's not for me.

2. Harvest

Harvest Member

Yes, you can make pretty decent money~just depends on the actual establishment you work at.

3. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I agree........i made more money as a waitress than i do as a dental assistant.......serving is just shitty work.......

4. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

I currently bounce at a club and I've worked in the bar and restaurant environment (doorman, beer store attached to bar, bartender, host, busboy, disher) for a few years.

I don't know if you're still pondering the job or if you got one, but I'll say that females in the bar environment are typically subjected to huge amounts of testosterone and alcohol fueled sex type talk. If you're comfortable in a men's locker room type environment, go for it. And it comes mostly from the employees. It's like that working in restaurants, too. I won't claim that all bars/restaurants/clubs are that way, but I haven't personally experienced or heard about places that aren't.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

It's pretty good money, the only downfall is that you're on your feet all day, that's frustrating and very tiresome, especially when you work late nights... it's okay as a temporary job though...