anybody know where to get gd hippie clothing

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by hamish..., May 27, 2007.

1. hamish...

hamish... Member

hey im 15 and live in scotland (the uk), got dreads and love hippie/rasta shit. im startin to buy more kick ass clothes and draw on my clothes which iv always dun but does any1 know where to get decent clothes like baja hoodies etc...?

i found 1 baja hoody thats kl so deffinitly buyin it along with a few marley tees and a grandad shirt (kick ass) but just wondered if thers anywer else 2 get gd gear

ta

2. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Watch carefully for passersby who are wearing the threads you covet. Entice them into your hippie van with promises of the legendary microdot acid you have been hoarding since the 60s. When they are properly zoned out, carefully remove their duds and kick their naked asses out of your speeding van. Actually I'm just kidding. The best way to get clothes is at yard and garage sales. I don't know if they have these in Scotland or not but be sure to pay no more than 50 pence per item. This is what real hippies do as they don't have the kind of jobs where they can afford to spend money on new clothes. To have that kind of money you have to be a wage slave to some capitalist and this is for yuppies not for hippies.

3. unlearn.and.be.free

unlearn.and.be.free Guest

Maybe you could try making it yourself! Then you'd have something you really like, made by your own hands. :)

4. Kiwi_Toast

Kiwi_Toast Member

Well,
    I like to make my own clothes,
    but not everyone can do that, ya?
    Or tye dye your clothes.

Maybe you can try eBay?
    Their stuff is cheap. :)
    I used to be addicted tho,
    so be careful~ haha

Or maybe if there is
    any kind of thrift shop near by
    you can try there.
    I think, if you have to buy clothes,
    its best that theyre
    as cheap as can be, ya dig?

5. existentialchaos

existentialchaos Banned

what do u think of Scottish independence from English rule?

6. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

value village!

7. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

GOODWILL!! Or whatever other second/third hand stores you guys have across the pond.

Hells yeah...

Don't go too much for those trends and band t's, though...sooooo scene. haha.

Just be comfy. Mmm, yeah, comfy! And cheap. My favorite pieces of clothing all cost under $5 each.

8. hamish...

hamish... Member

i just like band tees cos they go well with my clothes and shit like baja hoodies r so comfy and look kick ass.

cheers dudes

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

go over to the HF fashion and crafts forum and talk with the mostly sisters who make clothes.
    they also give plenty of advice for making your own.

10. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

i always go to salvation army, goodwill, and red white & blue always has cool clothes.

try making some of your own threads though, then you get exactly what you want instead of having to look around for clothes.

11. hamish...

hamish... Member

aye fair dooz sounds good

12. Faye

Faye Member

I just buy whatever I shop at both mainstream stores and little funky hippie shops, I also make some of my own stuff. Lots of jeans to customized or just wear to death, plain tshirts in all colors and in white to dye yourself. Consignment and thrift shops are great too. Have fun man!!!

13. hamish...

hamish... Member

cheers pal...and yeah might look into stuff like tye dye etc...

14. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Ebay is your friend. As is Oxfam, Mind, you know the type. Charity shops. Picked up a kick-arse velvet jacket in Oxfam, a la Sgt Pepper ;)

15. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I've gone through hippyshop

16. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I somehow seem to have only stereotypical hippy clothing in my drawers, i dont knwo wher ei got it tho. i dont really like going shopping, ya kno? well, i guess no one really does.

i think the funnest way tho is to make it yourself: it doesnt require much artistic ability:
    for example: tie dye is easyyyy, just take a tshirt, leave it in a bucket of soda ash water for a couple hours, then bundle it up (you can easily find directions online) and squirt the dye on and let it dry in a plastic bag. open it up the next day and voila!
    or get plain tshirts, of any color, and buy fabric markers/paints. if your unconfident in your artistic abilities, just think about what design youd like (a band logo for example), print a picture of it off of the internet, and trace it on the shirt with a pastel, then go over the pastel whitht he markers or paint. its even mroe fun to make your own tshirts that say funny things on them or political statements.

but theres always of course secondhand stores, alot of which can be 60s/70s oriented. but the first idea i said is cheaper of course.
    good luck!
    you can also order online too: look up "dashiki" and "tunic" and youll find cool shirts.

17. sped

sped Member

Theres some really nice ways of giving old clothing a new spin, like if you have an old pair of jeans you can open the seams on the outer edge of the pants and sew in a wedge of different matterial, making them flairey and kinda like phatpants. or maybe make a stencil and use fabric paint to apply it to a shirt. PM me for more details on that.

Ummmm I know I should be thinking of more ways.... Op shops! I found this wicked as tartan overcoat that looked like it was first sold in the 60s, and has kept many secrets inside it, it even had a stash pocket! but alas, I had no cash...

18. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

goodwill, it`s cheap and you wont give the clothing corporations any profit

19. hamish...

hamish... Member

sounds gd

20. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

band t-shirts are "sooo scene"?
    yeah, maybe if you pay 25 bucks for one...
    but i have tons of band t-shirts that i got from thrift stores.
    and i'm definitely not trying to be cool.
    trust me.
    i'm just myself.