Anybody know how much a dried button of peyote weighs?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by 2cesarewild, Aug 15, 2005.

1. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Anybody know how much a dried button of peyote weighs?

2. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

depends on the size...but not much. prolly a couple of grams.

3. 2cesarewild

I have like 7 or so grams of dried powdered buttons. I hope it's enough... threshold doses are quite disappointing. Someone told me to start at ten grams and work my way up, so I am not expecting to be too blown by this dosage.

4. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

4 little teaspoons (like those lil' sugar spoons that they've used for the sugar bowl), the more that one partakes the more the teaspoons ppl like to eat...the powdered medicine that is! Enjoy!

5. angerton

angerton Member

I highly advise getting 10-12" of pedro to go with those buttons. Then you'll be far from this plane.

It all depends on the cacti. If it was a few older ones, it could be quite nice. But, it could be a number of 2-3 year olds. How much did you pay for it, out of curiousity? From what I've heard, dried buttons are quite expensive. In amsterdam they're outragoues, and all cultivated, harvested quite early on.

However in Mexico anythings possible. Could be cheap, or much. Seeing as they'll often cost the person who aquired them nothing at all, it's all about what the trouble was for them.

I definately suggest a bit of pedro to go with it. From what I've seen, you know your stuff :) but if you need some good sources, feel free to PM me.

Edit: hrm, oh, yeah.. the question. I'd say starting at atleast 10 grams is a good idea. I personally (if not using a trich in combination) would wait until I'd aquired at least 15-20g depending on potency.

6. 2cesarewild

I got it from a festie kid for pretty cheap cause I had been hooking him up with goodies all weekend at the fest. I was hoping the powder weighs a little less than actual buttons because they took off the skin or whatever and that I have enough to trip. Owell, we'll see soon.

7. angerton

angerton Member

I really hate to bust your bubble, but theres a very big chance that it's peruvian torch skin. It's still good stuff (you'd need a lot more), but hopefully you didn't pay too much.

Does it have the hairy tufts characteristic of peyote?

8. 2cesarewild

That would suck, but I'm pretty sure it's not peruvian torch skin. I was told similar instructions as the poster above with the teaspoons. I got it on the cheap from family because I had been hooking them up with good deals for the whole fest on stuff they didn't have, and blazing dankus like a chimney. The peyote wasn't in large supply or anything, there were like a few small bags in total, and I did a small trade for a couple. Only been offered peyote twice in my life, first time the guy had tea but it was the last day of roo and I had no money. Second time was at a smaller scene. There was even DMT available but I was way too spun to find my way back to the kid's campsite when I was supposed to.

It's not just dried buttons, it's dried powdered buttons, so no, there are no hairy tufts. This is why I expect the bag of powder weighs a little bit less than an equivalent dose of the actual buttons would be... The color doesn't really look like crushed torch powder either. Seven grams of torch skin won't do anything, so I guess if it works I'll know for sure it's peyote.