Anybody here practice voodou?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by norahstar, Jun 12, 2004.

1. norahstar

norahstar Banned

I'm a novice, iv'e gotten a couple spells from african traditions, one for protection the other a sobriety spell i put on my boyfriend which worked because he can drink like a fish and not get drunk it's so hilarious. anybody up for swapping spells???

2. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

No.

But I knew an honest-to-god voodoo shaman in the carribean when I was a kid.

3. norahstar

norahstar Banned

what was he like?

4. gesone

gesone Member

I've met a lot of Babalawos from the African Yoruba tradition. Some of the stuff these guys do are amazing. The whole Yoruba tradition is beautiful once you get to know it. As for spells, well, I have none except my faith.

5. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

He was a very strange old haitian with deep black skin. He never talked about himself, and, although I set and tripped and drank his potion he never gave me his name I just called him "old man" and he called me and my buddy "boy" (we were like 14).
    He lived in a makeshiftshack alone in the marsh along the lagoon in Puerto Rico. It was filled with wierd junk and jars with dead aninmals and/or animal parts. Also lots of herbs, leaves, mushrooms, etc.
    I met him the first time I ever tripped. He said he was waiting for me...
    It was scary, but very cool. Eventually, He placed me in the tarot.
    I saw him about 10 times, and then he disappeared, with all his junk, just before I moved from the island.

6. norahstar

norahstar Banned

wow, sounds mysterious and wonderful . . .