Any YOGA teacher here?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by mariposa, Apr 18, 2007.

1. mariposa

mariposa Member

Hey,

I was wondering if someone here is a Yoga teacher, who could talk me into it or out ;-). I am thinking of getting a certificate and try to make a living with this. I am still scared if this works or if I still have to work as waitress like now.

Sara

2. yogimom

yogimom Member

I've been teaching yoga for nearly 25 years. Some of that time I've had other employment as well. I've run 2 yoga studios in 2 different cities -- first one for 7 yrs. & current one for 5 yrs. To answer your question, you CAN teach yoga & pay your bills, but that depends on what kind of lifestyle you're looking for & how you want to approach the "business" of teaching yoga. I've generally kept things low-key so that I have a lot of flexibility in my life. I'm also not addicted to consumerism, so I don't need all the new gadgets & lots of new clothes. You can make it work for you if you really want it. The thing to remember, though, is to teach yoga because you WANT to, because you're passionate about it, because you have something to offer & it means something to you -- not to make money. Follow your passion, follow your heart & the rest will take care of itself. Hope this helps.