Any Suggestions for Good Irish Folk(y) Bands?

Discussion in 'Music' started by wrine420, Jan 9, 2005.

1. wrine420

wrine420 Member

The type of bands I am talking about here are in the line of Flogging Molly and Great Big Sea. I dont know if anyone has any other suggestions as to some bands that fit into this description. But, if you're looking for some good music then I suggest looking into both Flogging Molly and Great Big Sea

2. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

Planxty

3. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

The Pogues are great. Black 47 does some folky stuff.... hmmm, will post more as I think of them.

4. HipRenGirl

HipRenGirl Member

My faves:

Compilation album called "Celtic Odyssey" that you should be able to find somewhere like Amazon.

Less easy to find but great would be the album "Wind Shadows" by Kim Robertson which is all Celtic Harp.

And if you can find Grace Griffith's CD's... "Every Hue and Shade" and "Conna Marra" those albums are great and full of really beautiful Irish music.

Oh and you should be able to find Dougie McLain albums pretty easy although his stuff is kind of Irish and Scottish but it's very good.

Peace,