Any Pride activities?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by KathyL, Jun 24, 2021.

1. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hi, ladies. June is Pride month in many places. But with covid, a lot of events have been cancelled or postponed. How are things where you are? Did any events take place? Did you participate?

We are just coming off a third wave lockdown, so most events were cancelled. In the big city an hour and a half down the road, they postponed Pride events until August, in hopes that more would be possible then. In one of the local towns, they raised the Pride flag on the town flagpole, but the event wasn't publicized.

One of the other towns nearby held a Pride Walk, on a rail-to-trails path. The event was sponsored by the school, and the path was decorated with rainbow-themed art by the school kids. They had a good turn-out, including local celebrities.

Here is a pic of me (left), my wife (right), and a couple of friends at the event.

[​IMG]

DrRainbow, jmadre, Piobaire and 2 others like this.
  2. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well, this year we are in our sixth wave of covid, this one caused by the lifting of almost all restrictions! But the good news is that, with restrictions lifted, events are being planned for the summer.

A little town down the valley is having its Pride Day this year. I'd like to go, just because I want to support them, and I still haven't been. The first year they had it, I wasn't in a fit state to drive. The second year, we were there in time for the parade, but they held it an hour early. WTF: who does that?? Then, the last two years have been cancelled due to covid. So I am determined to go this year.

DrRainbow, jmadre and Candy Gal like this.
  3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

We have a few in Bournemouth.
    I will add to this Kathy.
    I support all as you know. X

DrRainbow and KathyL like this.
  4. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

We're planning our annual Pride picnic at the county park.

DrRainbow, Candy Gal and KathyL like this.
  5. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

I don't know where we'll end up by June. Kind of sounds like we could get more covid. There's a parade and doings in June down in Nebraska. I would like to attend that. An area City here will have pride in the park in August but I might be harvesting then.

DrRainbow, Candy Gal and KathyL like this.
  6. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Bournemouth’s Pride Festival ‘Bourne Free’ is an annual LGBTQ festival celebrating all diversities that live in Bournemouth. This year the event will take place at their new venue in Meyrick Park on 8th and 9th July. In previous years the event attracts thousands of visitors keen to soak up the colourful atmosphere and join in the fun.

The change in location allows the event to be more accessible as well as putting on a bigger and better event. There will be more room to add things like ‘educational areas’ and ‘sensory areas’ as well as plenty more.

KathyL and DrRainbow like this.
  7. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

After the Pandemic things are getting back to normal in the UK

"The Manchester Pride Festival 2022 takes place on 27th - 30th August 2022.

Manchester Pride campaigns for LGBT+ equality; celebrates LGBT+ life and creates opportunities that engage LGBT+ people so that they can thrive."