Any old cann.com?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by LIP, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIP

LIP Banned

I was on cannabis.com for a couple of years but the new MORON owner has fucked it about and ruined it for virtually everyone [including the medical patients he was targetting with the new site]

Anyway, i got directed here by a few people, Geo, Gnome so i finally gave cann.com the 2 fingered salute and joined up here.

I got the same name as i did on there - LIP.

My real name is Alex, I live in London and grow/smoke copius amounts of green.

I work in Norfolk, as a marine engineer.

Im a miserable old sod.

I think thats about it - as you can tell, im not really good with all that introduction shit - just wanted to post something up so i could get some old faces to appear.

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Yo, right here. I dealt with the changes pretty well up until today when I found out that social threads were no longer allowed, and the picture forum was shut down. Thats just too far IMO.

Anyways, I've been here for quite awhile, and while I don't usually frequent the marijuana forum here, (for reasons I won't say) ok, fuck it, its full of whiny snotty little punks who think pot is the cool thing to be doing. Mainly that reason. But the growing section isn't so bad.

3. LIP

LIP Banned

Me too. I didnt want to leave - but your right, sundance took it WAY too far, and i hope to fuck his site goes downhill - which it will - and he loses out.

Cheers for letting me know about the weed boards - i might just stick to growin then.

:D

4. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Yes there are quite a few of us here. Yes there are a few pricks in the Marijuana forum, but most people are cool.

The new Marijuana site that the owners of this site are working on has promise.

http://www.mjguide.com/

I am usually in the Random thoughts forums. Lots of stoners there.

If you go to http://www.hipforums.com/forums/oldindex.php

You will notice there are tons of areas here. You will not find the mass censoring of posts going on at cann.com.:)

5. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

QFT

Random Thoughts is a great place, but nothing like it used to be however. Still a kick ass place to kill a friday or saturday night. But either way, this place is VERY stoner friendly, and like I said, the only downside (the age limit of 18 over at cann.com was something I actually favored because of what I saw here) is the juvenile population, which is easily ignored.

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I've seen folks well into their 20's, 30's and beyond act juvenile and I've also seen folks below 18 act with class and character. While the younger will tend to be less mature I'd hesitate to prejudge someone based solely on age. Some of the younger men and women here impress the shit out of me.

7. ninfan77

ninfan77 Member

I gave up on cann.com a long time ago.. i still show up and lurk, but not really any posting.

I always hated how strict the moderating and no pm's were on that site.

8. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

but far less of them in their 20's and 30's than teens in general do. not their fault really, but still

9. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Very true...
    but:
    1- we do the itelligent, thoughtful young people an injustice by using the same yardstick to judge them by and
    2- MOST of the clue-challenged ones will invariably season onto adults with wisdom and perspective.

I do try (though I sometimes fail) to extend a default level of respect to everyone regardless of age. There's folks all along the age spectrum who earn disrespect on an individual basis.

10. dr frylock

dr frylock Member

yea man i used to be on their. until the new guy fucked it up and got banned for saying i lived with my parents. And that i go to school .

11. Stonertower420

Stonertower420 Senior Member

LIP, its TheFatKid here lol. Whats up man?

12. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

Hey LIP. it's Old Stoner. Good to see you. I hear Gilder420 and Geo may have come here as well. Can't find 'em, though. Try this place, too - I'm there as well. Lots more people than here.

13. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

HEY LIP! Old Stoner from Canna... Where u at?

14. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Hey y'all! Welcome to the HipForums & MJGuide.com.

Sorry your fav place isn't like it used to be. I have a friend who wanted me to switch over to the out-of-the-box software that the other site is now running. I took a good look at it and refused. It just doesn't do what we need done!

So instead I've setup a customized site, geared towards YOUR needs, not a generic package for every type of community. You guys are very different, and deserve a special place unlike the others out there.

So I hope you all get to visit http://www.mjguide.com and post up some good articles and grow journals. Let's make this a primo place on the web for growers, med patients and recreational users! :)

15. LIP

LIP Banned

Hello mate! How are ya?!

I've not been postin much - Was playing snooker most of last night and then stayed the night at my dealers house changing HPS/MH bulbs and re wiring a plug.

16. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

Doing good, man! The "old" place went to hell in a handbasket so quickly, didn't it? I joined in November and by mid January, the place was screwed. One day I may NEED medicinal herb, but not yet, except it does help me sleep and with some of my back pain.

And it gets me stoned, he, he... Good excuses to smoke, anyways!

17. LIP

LIP Banned

Too true! I smoke it medicinally and recreationally - i love to get stoned and it helps me at the same time - but as soon as they changed the rules to no social threads at all - jesus what aload of shit that sites become. I probably post once a day if at all there. There's not much point anymore. It pisses me off because i invested alot of my time there.

Good to know where a few people are.

18. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

Yea, a bunch of folks left. Let me know if you find a larger site. I am still looking for the perfect place, although this is nice...

19. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

Thanks Skip, looking forward to becoming part of the community!

20. Layla Nahar

Layla Nahar Member

'ullo there

good luck on the misery! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.