any info on the book Mind Games?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by something vague, Jan 30, 2009.

1. something vague

something vague Member

Hello anyone,

I was just curious if anyone here is at all familiar with the book Mind Games: Guide To Inner Space. by robert masters and jean houston.

I have been recently informed about the contents of the book and the ideals behind it. I am very much into the "human potentiality" thing and I think that this book might help me to explore some other the answers I seek.
    If anyone has information on this book, has read it, or experienced any of the "games" involved, I would greatly appreciate any input.
    I am also aware of the connection to the lennon song but that is not my primary interest.

Please help me, by sharing your opinions of what this book means to you. I have yet to get my hands on it and was just looking for some feedback.

Thank you

2. windy

windy Member

amazon.com has 3 copies :)

3. something vague

something vague Member

ya i checked all that out lol
    is that kinda like a "experience is the best teacher" type answer? ha
    i just wanted to know if anyone has had anyone real experiece with it...
    :confused:

4. windy

windy Member

LOL...actually I've never heard of the book...just thought I'd check amazon for you :)

5. something vague

something vague Member

the idea(from what i've heard) is just an exploration of human potential. through the use of cooperative meditiation between partipating explorers and also a guide to help steer the participants. i am most interested in mind-to-mind communication. i could be wrong but i think that this book might open some of those doors

well just kinda thought that if anyone knew about the book it might be this forum but maybe the content is a bit more underground than i had foreseen

6. windy

windy Member

Sounds VERY interesting. Especially the mind to mind communication. I think I would like to check this book out. I'm sure you will be hearing from others on this forum. (right Zengizmo?)

7. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

There's no such thing as telepathy, Windy - my spirit guide told me so - I think that was after she had answered my unspoken thoughts out loud a few times. ;)

Hmmm...Mind Games, huh? Three copies on Amazon? Well, that's one for each of us...

8. liquidlight

liquidlight Senior Member

well, the way i see it there is there is no mind to mind communication because there are no separate minds and like i've said before ... the illusion of separation (because we have separate bodies on the level of form), creates the illusion of telepathy between one apparent mind and another. It's a play of thought... one that's hard to stop. Come close to the source and one experiences what seems like telepathy ... arrive at source and it stops.

... just my take on it.

9. zengizmo

Your "take on it" - absolutely correct, liquidlight.

That's why my spirit guide Deanna could tell me she doesn't believe in telepathy, and not be lying.

We need to follow the rabbit hole all the way to its source.

Then again, the term "telepathy" is quite apt for the phenomenon it describes - it just doesn't get to the root of what's really going on, does it?

10. windy

windy Member

Whatever it is called, I have experienced this and I don't think it is as rare as people think. 'K Zen...I'm out of the closet so to speak...LOL...

11. windy

windy Member

Chokecherry Gall Eagle in the book Beyond the Lodge of the Sun simply calls it "talking over distance".

12. liquidlight

liquidlight Senior Member

-Agreed :)

13. zengizmo

You think I didn't know??? ;)

And I agree it isn't rare - not rare at all.

Early on in the days after I first learned to do it, I used to experiment a lot. One time I was at the local Hardee's fast food joint waiting for my order, and a nice looking young woman got her food and started walking past me to find a seat. I don't think she even noticed I was there. I mentally told her, "I like your purse." LOL At the moment I did that, she stopped in her tracks and briefly darted her eyes around. Then she saw me out of the corner of her eyes, turned to look at me, started laughing out loud, and continued walking past me to find a seat.

But to accomplish little miracles like this, we need to KNOW - not think; KNOW - that this is truly reality. And it took my first spirit guide THREE YEARS to convince me...

And some things go on...and other things come into fruition in good time...and some of us are only now beginning to believe...and ultimately belief is everything.

14. zengizmo

My spirit guide Deanna called it "crossing over" once. I said, "Crossing over?" and she elaborated, "Meeting on the other side."

15. something vague

something vague Member

i do find it interesting that no one has heard of this book. i guess a word like "telepathy" is frowned upon but i'm trying to understand the concepts given the terms that I am aware of. much of the above information is useful and interesting, and it does give me the reassurance I need to pursue these events.
    I will most likely end up buying the book and attempt to use it to teach myself discipling based on written material, which is helpful for me personally.
    i have a girl that i met recently and our frequencies are so parallel it kinda scares both of us sometimes. i feel that the connection between us is a extraordinary foundation on which to start communicating.
    thank you all for you opinions
    any more comments would be appreciated :)