Any in PA?

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by dylanzeppelin, May 17, 2004.

1. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

I would love to experience living in a communal, however I don't believe there are any in Pennsylvania, at least of my knowledge. Does anybody have any information on any nearby Pennsylvania or in Pennsylvania?

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

dunno, i live in PA too....

have never heard of any.

let me know if you do hear of some.

altho i dont know if i coudl really go being that im married and my husband isnt into that but i realllllly wanna do it.

3. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

i know there used to be a place here in maryland on a farm in brandywine or mechanicsville or somethin....all i know is some of my older friends speak of the old days when lsd was $3 a hit and was being made just up the road. and this was just around 4-8 years ago...apparently the farmer died and the hippies left

4. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

hey now kids. im pretty sure there arent any communes in pennsylvania. theres the universal church of love and music but i wouldnt really consider it a commune. you can stay there for a while if you help out everyday but nothing permanant. theres always the farm in tennesee.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

5. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Check this web site they show at least those who list on the internet that has a community.

http://www.ic.org/

6. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

The Farm is no longer a commune. It is an Intentional Community. You have to prove that you are self-sufficient before you can live there. And you hav eto provide your own housing or buy something that is for sale on the property. There are lots of stick rules. But it is a wonderful place to visit. I would love to live there, but can't afford to.

Kathi