Any hippies in western PA?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by Box Of Rain, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

i feel like im the only free loving, happy person in Pittsburgh. Are there any hippies around here or am i just not searching hard enough?

IsoUser likes this.
  2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

hey sis yes i know there are..i know a few ppl around there who i traveled to the cali gathering with
    we'll talk

3. PSYCHEDELICA MAN

PSYCHEDELICA MAN The psychman

hello and welcome

4. twiztidrainbow

twiztidrainbow Senior Member

Hey there, yeah I'm sure there's many, good luck in finding some..
    and welcome to the forums

5. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

thanks...i've never really met any around here hopefully i soon will :)

6. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Hey there, I am not in Pittsburgh, but I am in Johnstown, which is not too far from there. I haven't found too many hippies in Pennsylvania period, but I know that they're here. It just takes more effort to find them in this state than it would in, say, California. It can be a drag, though, so I know how you feel. I go to Pittsburgh quite often for the simple fact that I love it there--the people are so friendly!

7. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]To
    The Hip Forums

Hey there Box Of Rain;
    Allow me extend the welcome mat….I know what it’s like to be a newcomer….You don’t really know what to say or how to act…. Read some of the threads so you can get the gist of what topics are being discussed….When you feel comfortable jump right in and get your feet wet…. Nobody here is going to "Flame" you, that just isn’t tolerated here (unless it’s necessary) lol…. We get some assholes here who just want to stir up bad vibes.…From what I’ve found so far is that we are one big family with many brothers and sisters….Once again the doors open come on in, open up your heart and mind, put on some groovy tunes, kick back and stay awhile….Peace, Love & Great Big Hugs, DDR

[​IMG]
    Quote Of The Day
    Unknown:"Tact is for people who aren’t Witty enough to be Sarcastic."

8. StonedTigress

StonedTigress Member

Hey there, I'm just an hour north of Pittsburgh.

So if ya want you can message me. :)

9. lovejanisandgrace

lovejanisandgrace Estimated Prophet

Hi, I'm in Northwest PA as well! We should chat sometime.

10. Amaya

Amaya Member

I'm right around Pittsburgh.
    In Carnegie actually.
    Where are you?
    PM me sometime kk?

11. jakers11

jakers11 Member

Used to go to UPJ ... there's alot to do and people to meet... This is a great time of year for the pa festivals.. try univeral church love and music..acme Pa. 1 hr from u......... terra alta wv.. 2 hrs from u.... rivers edge camp ground... 1 1/2 hrs from u.. and many more..

12. PennadianGoose

PennadianGoose Member

Johnstown!! thats where im from well actually im from ebensburg but its close

13. jay77

jay77 Member

I'm just north of Pittsburgh, outside Butler - a very not cool place for Hippies. Definitely alot less of us up here. Not like it was in the late 90's.

It sucks. And I just got busted for the first time, which really sucks.

I hope everyone gets involved with NORML and MPP so we can get these stupid laws changed.

14. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

It is nice to meet someone else near Johnstown. Ebensburg is just a stone's throw away from here. In fact, I am going there tomorrow. My dog and kitties go to the vet. down there :).

15. ensue

ensue Member

i live in washington county! hippies are pretty much nonexistent here, unfortunately.

16. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was born and raised in Washington County...would love to see some more progressive thought there, but so far (as I can tell when I go back to visit), it seems to be about the same as it has always been.

17. elio

elio Member

hey i just found these forums. seems like a sweet community here. i'm from nw pa as well. if anyone's interested, drum circles in meadville monday nights on diamond park!

18. CSP101

CSP101 Member

I live over in Fox Chapel and there are a couple real hippies around. I usually go to the free summer concerts at Hartwood acres and depending on the band you can find some hippies. If anyone wants to hang out some time PM me!!

Peace and Love :)

19. ashleyjade

ashleyjade Member

If you think pittsburgh is hard to find hippies, try upstate a bit in Punxsutawney. Yeah, we got our local stoners, but they just don't get it. Peace && love is just something they don't understand. So I feel your frustration with trying to find anyone rather local.

20. DankandBlues

DankandBlues Member

Bump this up! I'm an hour north of Pitt.