Any fellow Aspergers/Autistic folks here ?

Discussion in 'The Autism Spectrum' started by bugsboner, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, such a bold statement needs an explanation.
    Wether I'm uneducated or not shouldn't matter here. I am actually sincerely asking to be enlightened on this matter (why VG said it). You take issue with that? Lol

Mike Literous likes this.
  2. Asmodean

The funny thing is that shylass365 and I appear to be on the same page in this thread.
    So this post really makes no sense at all:

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ready-Kilowat did it for me

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

5 years old now? Oi vey

So you remember the 365 breakfasts when you were 5 years old then?

5. Asmodean

That's easy and convenient. Could you perhaps summarize in your own words, or if that is too much to ask simply quote the post where he's doing so?
    Thanks in advance! :)

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Everyone that replied on this page is on the same page in this thread

7. Asmodean

I don't ask much or anything unreasonable, dude.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

.......or......we could just wait for him to dig a bigger hole for himself

9. Asmodean

No, we can do both. Or better said: you.
    You could just answer the question.

Okiefreak likes this.
  10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

If I was a teenager today, I dread to think of all the conditions that they would have to make up to classify me. LOL
    The problem is, that few people understand a lot of what I say, even on here at times.
    I remember writing is a school essay,
    "Today their came to me the conviction that I, or rather the best, perhaps only good part in me has perished forever. My future life seems to be a mere vegetable existence".
    When questioned, I explained that it was simply that my shoes had worn out and the cobbler had replaced the leather sole with rubber. The poor teacher was confused.
    If you have heard the words from my essay before, you will realize that I took them from a letter written by Tchaikovsky following the rejection of his first piano concerto by Wagner. (his tutor). The poor teacher was even more confused.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  11. Asmodean

VG... Why the hell are you being so incredibly evasive?

Okiefreak likes this.
  12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I think shylass365 gets posters mixed up. In that other thread, I think she was getting you and 6 mixed up.

13. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Old thread but yes

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You question everything I say. Even when I show you scientific studies. Even when I point out how much other people know about a topic you know nothing about. If showed you my actual diagnosis paperwork you would say I faked it or you read it and you know that I'm not what I say am. That is the fun for you. You just endlessly ask why and stir the pot. You are not ready for your opinion to be changed on anything so any argument is a waste of time.

I'm glad other people here don't think I would lie and from their comments it's clear some saw this anyway. Maybe you should open your eyes up to that evidence too. A lot of people think something is just up with me when they meet me and autism always makes them have that "I see" moment too. I'm used to it.

Okiefreak likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think so maybe.

16. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Not quite, I've done a few tests for aspergers & score pretty highly (like I'm 90% aspergers) but don't quite meet the criteria.

I'm just a slightly weird introvert basically:tongueout:

Irminsul likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No, actually i dont remember getting any links from scientific studies from you

Come to think of it dont think you have even said what your diagnosis was (hint: an actual diagnosis would be more specific than just add/adhd)

18. unfocusedanakin

I don't have to prove anything to you. My examples of studies are from various other things we have discussed. If you read what I have said you would see the mistakes you have made. I mean what is your degree in? It's confusing to me that you seem so sure when near as I can tell you don't know anything about anything.

More and more I think you are playing a character and not actuly interested in discussion. Either that or you perhaps do have some legit mental issues with delusions of grandeur. You seem unable to accept the idea that you don't know everything there is to know in humanity. When confronted with this you talk a lot and offer no evidence you understand the topic.

You wish to think I lie about everything for no good reason. I don't know why. As I said before I really appreciate others standing up for me on this. I am cranky when I argue and they see me for who I am I guess.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Okiefreak and Driftrue like this.
  19. Asmodean

Several people couldn't help considering this in earnest. Well, he's obviously interested in discussion :p but the motive and focus points are often questioned.

A lot of people who discuss stuff they care about seriously get cranky when they really don't get why and how persons with opposite viewpoints argue like they do. Like, 'am i wasting my time here??' when they ask me to explain why i think stuff and they rarely return the same favor when asked (also a reason why certain folks motives are questioned; they remain vague about it. Yet demand clarity from others).
    One well ment word of advice: keep the i have degrees stuff out of it. Only bring it up when it has a real specific purpose and keep in mind you're more prone to ridicule with it than seriously intimidating or impressing your convo partners with it ;)

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  20. unfocusedanakin

Yes, I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or rude. I see it as you need to learn so you know about something. But especially in my country the more you say did learn the more people will hate you and think you are trying to say you are better than they are.