Any bets on the State of the Union address?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Did you bullshit today? And will you bullshit tomorrow?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2018.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nunya

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Aye Knead Secks

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

It's a Hail Mary pass. They have alienated all those "deplorable" white people for so long the midterms are going to be very difficult for them, even with the usual 12% voter fraud in their favor. I fully expect to see the Voter ID canard resurrected any day now as well as the ubiquitous cries of "republicans want to bring back slavery" amid the "Trump is Hitler" blithering that is always good for a laugh.

Issues? What issues?

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

We'll see. Ordinarily, the mid-term elections during a President's first term go against his party. The 12% voter fraud is a Republican myth. Saying it doesn't make it so. Trump is the issue. It will be a referendum on him. Presidents with bad approval ratings usually don't fare well in the mid-terms, and the Donald's ratings are BAD! Every postwar president with approval ratings of under 50% has lost double-digit seats in the House, and landslides are not uncommon. Of course, we mustn't underestimate the effects of Republican gerrymandering and voter suppression, and possible help again from their Russian troll/hacker/bot buddies.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

You hit a couple of points I neglected. But I think we have covered it all well!