Anxiety threw the roof

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Jennifer19, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Her hemoglobin dropped to 6.2 even after the blood transfusion so now they want to give her two units of blood she’s been in there for 36 hours and still is knots in the pulmonologist the hemoglobin and the pulmonologist are supposed to be in to see her today

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like she has a touch of (my disease - Thrombocytopenia) - I was originally treated with chemotherapy and when that didn't work - had injections in the stomach of a drug called Romoplostim

3. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

They can’t do the blood transfusion because she has a fever 102

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Don't be scared, I had one. It was OK... I have also been on a ventilator, it was awful but saved my life.

Hang in there!

mysticblu21 and Jennifer19 like this.
  5. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

They want her to see another oncologist her husband Nick asked her I’m afraid to ask this because this be a different kind of cancer Jackie said maybe it’s all speculation right now but with Jackie being in the medical field she knows a lot

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Hopefully Jackie is correct. These days, a check for growths is a routine procedure, so only a small percentage of them are positive. Even then only a few growths are malignant.
    It sounds to me like a pathogenic bacterial infection, so don't be too alarmed if they put her on a ventilator while they get rid of the fever.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  7. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

She had thyroid cancer a few years back and now she has lymphoma how much cancer can this girl get

8. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

The fever went down so they were able to give her the blood transfusion

wooleeheron likes this.
  9. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Really how long were you on it?

10. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Her hemoglobin went back up too 10 it was at 6.2 so that’s good she got two units of blood before

newbie-one and wooleeheron like this.
  11. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

She has another fever she had to have two nebulizer treatments last night and they gave her something to help her sleep and some Vicodin for the pain she had Oncology blood work done and routine bloodwork done also she still has not seen the pulmonologist

wooleeheron likes this.
  12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Her procedure went great should have some results in a few hours and other results in a few days

wooleeheron likes this.
  13. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Now is the time to dream of a brighter tomorrow for her. Dreams really do come true. :)

Jennifer19 likes this.
  14. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Good news Jackie is less short of breath chest less tight and her hemoglobin went back up Obviously can’t go home yet but doc is happy too see mild improvement still with strong antibiotics waiting on scope test

Tyrsonswood, wilsjane and wooleeheron like this.
  15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

That is such good news.
    Don't worry if the hospital want to keep her in and after discharge try to keep her under the direct care of her consultant.

16. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Yeah I video chatted with her she is on 7 litters of oxygen I only chatted for a sec it’s too hard for her too talk still no results on scope test oxygen does drop in they 80,s with movement but not as bad

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  17. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Update she has a fever 103 her port she had put in her for her chemo treatments that can cause infections if that’s the case they would just have to take the port out she would just have to get poked in the arm for her chemo treatments instead of the port

18. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

My sister still has a high fever over 103 they got ice packs for her to bring the fever down but nothing seems to be working I video chatted with her last night she has a bad cough still really sick :(

wooleeheron likes this.
  19. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

So sorry to hear. I have PTSD anxiety. So I know how you feel. I myself lost my father when I was 13. If you ever need someone to talk to. Please don't hesitate to reach out! We are all here for you :)

wilsjane and Jennifer19 like this.
  20. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Thank you ☺️

newbie-one and randomdude1983 like this.