anxiety these days

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by ten1000whispers, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ten1000whispers

ten1000whispers Member

whats up these days with everyone I run into always bent outta shape about something?

I've been bent to as of late ... what's the problem these days?

2. Mouse47

Mouse47 Member

Too much bullshit and stress. People need to learn how to kick back and take it easy once in a while. The more technology and "civilization" advances, the more stressful life gets, if you let it get to you.

3. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I don't know. There's just a lot of stress right now... Stress because of politics/current events, stress because of schools getting tougher, stress at work, etc.

4. ten1000whispers

ten1000whispers Member

it will be interesting to see if things change in the near future ... at least slightly

5. Spiderweb Sitar

Spiderweb Sitar Member

I know a lot of my stress and the stress of my peers comes from the pressure to get into a good college, excel, and be the "best"... its ridiculous, yet ingrained in our psyches.

6. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

it because of the system......the system keeps us running around like rats, going to school, getting jobs so we can buy shit we dont need....and all that has to go with what everyone has mentioned......STRESS. Fight the system, damn the man, and do what you feel YOU need to do for yourself, not what you need to do for the "status quo".

7. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

ive been stressed out alot too lately.

i was starting to blame it on acid because ever since i first did it about 2 years ago i get real bad anxiety every now and then for no reason. same thing happens sometimes when i smoke...ill get flashbacks and then really bad anxiety afterwards

8. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

I was in a great mood for a long while, but lately I have been feeling crummy. There are a lot of family problems going on right now, and I've been trying to stay positive, but it is often difficult. School work has also been on the rise so that everything is done before summer, and I am craving a vacation.

9. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

fuck everything, none of it matters, love life and be happy, works for me.

10. lovejanisandgrace

lovejanisandgrace Estimated Prophet

The key to living stress-free is to remember the blessings right alongside of the bad things. The sun will rise tomorrow, you know.

11. shine_crazydiamond

shine_crazydiamond Member

I am so not bent out of shape. It is finally sunny here! Durastic weather changes always make me happy. Holy shit im happy, im so excited...SUMMER!!!! everyone is pissed but who cares about them?

12. Bacchanalia

Bacchanalia Member

I'm with Mouse. Everyone's always rushing around to do this or do that, rush rush rush, no time to stop and just ENJOY! Too busy keeping to a schedule -- got to get to work, get to school, pick up the kids, hurry hurry hurry! It amazes me how impatient and anxious people can be, even when they're on vacation or doing something else that supposed to be fun!

13. ten1000whispers

ten1000whispers Member

welcome to my world ...

at least you bring a good song with you

14. tumbledownDNA

tumbledownDNA Member

winter... finally starting to thaw

15. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i've been stressed out about school and friends.

16. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Fucking finals!

I have a comprehensive algebra final and japanese.

The rest should be okay though...and a term paper. Ugh. Ooh, and my uni only gives you ONE dead day.
    Oh, and I'm moving in a couple of weeks, away from home for the first time...3 states away from mommy and dad. :( And transferring to a new college, have yet to actually apply and enroll to said college, my advisor refuses to hand over my transcripts...bastard. (he says I can get them online. I try telling him that I need my actual file to send to my new uni, he says I should get that from the highschool I went to, that's a 10 hour drive..)
    Okay, I'm getting stressed thinking about it.

Maybe it's the change in seasons too...I've been super stressed lately and I NEVER stress!

Oh, and 3 out of 4 cars in my house broke down/got totalled this week. the 2 that broke down blew their transmissions...they're both 4 years old, the one that was totalled, she wrecked at a stoplight because she was on the phone, unbuckled and looking for an address. Not even paid for yet, and I have to drive everybody everywhere because my lil old 94 honda is the only thing that's not in the shop. (lurrrrve my car!)

agh. Wow. That got long.

17. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

here is a bear for you to hug and BIG *HUGS* from me. I hope you feel better. Peace and Love.

[​IMG]

18. PoisonedPenny

PoisonedPenny Member

It's totally the change in seasons. March is the beginning of drama season. For me March is always bad, and usually April even worse. Kinda sucks cause my b-day is May 1st, so usually not all of the uglies have dissappeared by then.

19. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Yeah, seasonal depression...everybody's bitchy.

Awww, Neko, I needed a hug.

20. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

ya know? i can't wait till summer. I know i'll have more stress with summer classes (taking french) and trying to find time for myself but i just really want it to get here.