Anxiety before a haircut

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Peanuts, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I'm leaving in about 45 minutes to go get my hair cut. I have anxiety. The coffee I just drank probably didn't help.

Do you feel anxious before you go and have your hair cut? Do you normally like it when you walk out of the shop or are you already looking forward to getting home and styling it yourself so it looks more like you?

2. Friend

Friend Banned

Go for the bald look Peanuts - then you won't worry about your hair anymore.

3. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I hate getting my hair cut, always afraid they'll cut to much off

4. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

Don't cut it at all. If you have to get it cut, just cut the split ends, so it keeps growing. Some how the person cutting it will always cut to much off, and it never gets just right.

5. Rayeine

Rayeine Member

Im always anxious when I get my hair cut...I usually leave the place wanting to style it myself, lol i think the cause of that is wanting to "make sure"..it's as easy to deal with as they said it was.

6. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

well i got my hair cut today and i hate it the lady cut it too short and i told her just to trim 1/2 inc. well she goes and takes 4 inches off now i look like a godamm guy with a beer belly. GRRRRRRRRRRRR. but usually i am relaxed and calm before and after i get my hairs cut cuz i get it done by a homosexual male that understands what i want and how i want my hair just by looking at my face. GODDAMN females stylists.,

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

when i get my haircut at home, i don't worry. i've been going to the same guy for my whole life, so i trust him.

now, the people at school...i don't trust them at all. they always seem to fuck up some how...bastards!

8. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i dont cut my hair but when i used to i would get a little anxious. nothing too bad though.

9. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

people at hairshops have no idea of what they're doing. they like to do what they want done. the one i just got is nowhere near what i wanted, but it actually came out great.

10. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Well I'm not crying and I'm not angry. I think he (my stylist) did a nice job. My hair went flying like Edward Scissorhands but the end result looks alright as far as I can tell.

Tomorrow when I style it is when most of the emotions come flooding in. I'll either have an easy time with it or I'll get frustrated and avoid mirrors for a few days.

Yes I am dramatic about my hair. It's sad I know.

Fallenfairy does your hair grow fast now that your pregnant? Mine grew like a weed when I was pregnant. Maybe in a couple weeks it will be more like how you want it.

11. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Ahh you'll be OK. I went from shoulder length to crew cut in 1 evening and everything worked out allright...

I can dig up the before & after pics if you want!

12. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Sure post pictures. I love before and afters. I will post a picture tomorrow of my new cut. I want to style it myself before I post any pictures.

13. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'll check the archives...heh heh

They're around here somewhere....

14. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

yeahmy hair grows a bit more faster than usual. But it took me nearly a year for my hair to be the length it was and I dislike short hair so does my fiancee. funny thing is my fiancee told me that i look sexy with my hair short. LOL

15. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i regret cutting off my hair, but it really was needed my hair was so damaged now im starting fresh and new so thats the plus. but yes im stupid and cried after i cut my hair off:(

16. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I hate getting my hair cut. I have a hard time trusting people adn they alwys want to cut too much of and I have to say no a million times. Post a pic when you get back...i wanna see I bet it will look cute:)

17. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Haircut? Haircut? I don't know this word.