Antifa attacks Asian American Journalist Andy Ngo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deleted, Jun 30, 2019.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why can't we just condemn and combat all violence without injecting consideration of whatever wing it might have flown in on?

Mustard Tiger and Okiefreak like this.
  2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

3. lode

lode Banned

I honestly appreciate the weird things you bring here 6.

[​IMG]

Gayest lion ever.

Okiefreak likes this.
  4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But Six--I thought you were in favor of free speech. Aren't they just exercising their rights as Americans?

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Trudgin

But that is the point – why is it that so often certain right wingers really want to big up left wing violence while either saying very little about right wing violence or even celebrating it.

I mean these right wingers have said they are going to Portland (as they did Charlottesville) because it is a liberal/left wing place

In the 1920-30’s Weimar Republic street battles between ant-fascists and Nazis became more heated and the Nazis would go to places where they knew they would get a reaction.

For example in 1927 they provocatively had a meeting in a predominantly left wing area of Berlin which inevitably turned into a violent brawl. "Beer glasses, chairs and tables flew through the hall, and severely injured people were left lying covered with blood on the floor” this was seen as a great success by Goebbels as it got the Nazis publicity and new recruits.

By June 1932, street battles were very common and violent with 400 taking place resulting in 82 deaths. 'This destabilization was crucial to Hitler's rise to power, in part because it convinced many Germans that once Hitler became chancellor, the endemic street violence would end.'

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Okiefreak likes this.
  6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The UK had its own version of this too in the Battle of Cable Street in the east end of London in 1936.

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It goes both ways, sir. I think it's not productive to look at it as if it were but one side the aggressor, and a bit dishonest to a favorable outcome if we were to. Both sides antagonize and both sides blame the other. It's a game to see which side can prod the other into violence first. It's kinda like a Netflix show hehe.

Okay I'll say it: I'd love to see an all-out melee between the members of the two opposing racist groups. Get the innocent bystanders out of the way and let them have at one another! Jail the survivors; problem solved!

8. 6-eyed shaman

By carrying out violence against people they disagree with? The organizers of Straight pride?

Harming others is not freedom of speech. You've been defending the alt-left since this thread began.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  9. 6-eyed shaman

I'm glad you appreciate my weirdness, Lode.

The rest of the politicos have issued a death fatwa on me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  10. quark

quark Parts Unknown

It should be bad to be black in Africa cause there’s more of ‘em.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Starting violence, especially to suppress free speech, is always out of line. Counter-demonstrations, though, are free speech. Showing up in Charlottesville to keep Neo-Nazis from taking over the streets unopposed was an exercise of free speech at its best. In Boston, protesters at the "Super Happy Fun" event celebrating Trump, militarism, and heterosexual dominance (complete with "Build the Wall" float), outnumbered the marchers. I think that's a good thing, as long as it's nonviolent and doesn't actually obstruct the demonstration. What do you have against backtalk?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    pineapple08 likes this.