Anti-Terrorism Commercials

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by phoenix_indigo, Apr 6, 2007.

1. phoenix_indigo

phoenix_indigo dreadfully real

Any of you heard these Anti-terrorism commercials on the radio?
    Something like if you see someone standing around how do you know they are just waiting for someone and not plotting to blow something up? You don't have to know... that's for the government to decide... just call this number and report it and the gestapo will show up to arrest various members of the public.

I guess this is becoming more and more a police state where everyone is expected to rat out everyone else for just well living life. God forbid you look different.

2. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Wow. That's pretty nuts, we don't have anything like that here, at least not yet.

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

paranoiacs UNITE! take down the iconoclasts and loiterers!!

4. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

what would a person have to do for you to think that they may be planning to blow a lot of people up ?

let say you know someone who spends their time watching jehadi beheading videos and says they want to die killing the kufr ,and by chance you have a job somewhere that sells Fertiliser and weedkiller and this guy comes in and buys a large amount but you know he doesnt have a farm or whatever .

would you tip off the police

or lets say you overhear a group of people making detailed plans to blow up a train station would you tip off the police .

what if you had a friend who was a serial killer would you inform on them

now normally I would never inform to the police but if I thought someone was going to murder a load of people I think i would

5. phoenix_indigo

jonny have you not heard the commercials yet then? it's not a matter of actually KNOWING someone is going to do something bad and telling on them. It's a matter of seeing someone and thinking to yourself "hmmm ... is that person standing there waiting for a friend ... or are they scoping the place to put down a bomb.... i dont' know. let me call and tell on them with the police and let the cops figure it out."

it's really unnerving.

i mean, i have dreads. maybe someone will see me hanging around some place and think i'm up to no good just because i look different than them. so now they call the police to investigate me just because i'm different.

and that is what the ad basically boils down to. don't worry about it yourself or try to sort out the real facts, just report it to us and we'll sort out all the mess for you (and hopefully wind up with a lot more people over crowding the jails).

6. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

I dont listen to the radio or watch tv if more people didnt watch or listen to such things we would be in a better shape ....oh dont read newspapers either

7. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

are party political broadcasts classed as terrorist commercials they fuckin certainly terrorise me man .

8. ripple

ripple Member

On a lighter note, this could be the ideal opportunity to get rid of the yobs that are hanging about on my street! Grass them up by saying I heard them talking about Allah and bombs then voila, their off for a month long all expenses paid 'holiday' to Egypt.

9. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Which radio station are these adverts on? I havent heard any of this ?
    This is a damned funny thread though - what is the number I wouldnt mind hanging around and seeing loads of people get arrested - "No, officer, I think they are acting suspiciously and the one with the dress on looks like a man "

10. phoenix_indigo

i've heard it on XFM out of London. it's like 104.90 on the dial i believe.

it's one of the few stations that doesn't play Take That and the Pussycat Dolls all the time. *gags* and I'll put it on if I don't have a cd to listen to.

i typically don't like radio much, but it's better than just listening to nothing at times.