ANTI-BOYCOTT Subway

Discussion in 'Boycott' started by MikeE, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Regarding Michael Phelps marijuana use.

There are those who want to boycott Kellogs because they dropped him from their ads. I take the position that Kellog's has public relations realities that it chose to react to.

Rather than take a stick to Kellogs, I think we should give a carrot (i.e. our buisness) to Subway and his other sponsors that didn't drop him.

2. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

I agree what the media has done with Phelps is rediculous,not because I care about Phelps in the least bit--but it is just yet "another" example of how low the US media has sunk.Why anyone would even watch any US news tv station or show anymore is beyond me.---And by the way no one should feel sorry for Phelps he is still making a fortune in undeserved endorsements for what,being a good swimmer.As far as I'm concerned I much prefer the days when athletes or celebs got paid maybe only 1 thousand dollars for advertising something like aftershave lotion.

3. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

And as far as Kellogs products and Subway,they are rubbish so I guess I automatically boycott them already. lol

4. explorerofsomewhere

explorerofsomewhere Member

i honestly think people pretty much already forgot about this incident or just do not care anymore, it seems smoking weed is becoming more socially acceptable with all these decriminalization and medical use talks. whatever happened to the right to do as you please as long as it does not infringe upon the rights of others?

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I completely agree that we need to support those businesses that support the Canna community. This is positive action to go alongside the negative boycotts that we join.

We can show how businesses can prosper, even in this poor economy by catering to the Cannabis community.

And those that are intolerant of our community should suffer as a result of taking a political stance on a social issue that affects millions of Americans.

6. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

if anything marijuana just makes me want to eat more...

don't they sell food? marijuana and food=sales....this just makes sense to me